Australia’s food security is under siege with the Murray-Darling Basin water system rapidly heading towards collapse because of government corruption and mismanagement says pastoralist Rob McBride who runs the NSW property Tolarno Station. Mr McBride says that if the government doesn’t act fast to fix the problem Australia will be importing milk from China 5 years from now. With the number of dairy farmers leaving the industry at an ever-increasing rate that is a real possibility.
The interview with Rob McBride as per the below video is a real eye-opener. Some of the issues Rob raises and talks about are:
- The big lie of politicians blaming the drought for all the water shortages in the bush when in fact a lot of the problems are because of government corruption in their management of the Murray-Darling basin water system.
- Stand over tactics by officials of the Murray-Darling Basin Plan Authority when they threatened witnesses to falsify evidence at the South Australian Royal Commission into the Murray-Darling Basin Plan.
- Former NSW Water Minister Niall Blair telling Rob McBride that they are watching him and everything he does. Mr Blair resigned from parliament in October 2019.
- The destruction of the Menindee Lakes for no justifiable reason.
- Draining the Menindee Lakes twice in 4 years when it should have water flowing into the Darling River until 2023.
- 20 to 60 million fish will likely be dead before the deliberate government destruction is over.
- 600 Dairy farmers have left the industry in the last 12 months with 1 a week leaving currently.
- Dairy farmers previously paid about $30,000 a year for water but are now forced to pay $300,000 to $400,000 a year and that’s why they are going broke and leaving the industry
- The reason the federal and state politicians aren’t taking action to help the farmers is that they are looking after big corporates who want high water prices etc
- It is time for a federal Royal Commission to hold those responsible to account.
- ICAC is investigating but has done nothing so far.
The video interview with Rob McBride is below and a must-watch and very educational. It starts off with a short video Rob McBride filmed himself two weeks ago. then the interview with Rob. Then there is a short video of NSW State MP Helen Dalton who is the Member for Murray from the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party and farmer/irrigator Chris Brooks talking about water license corruption and how politicians don’t have to declare their water licenses.
(A copy of the above video is also on the video page. (Click here)
At the very end, there is a video of Rob’s daughter Kate McBride talking about the government’s failures in relation to water management. Kate will be on QandA on Monday night (28/10/19) debating the water crisis with a panel which includes federal water minister David Littleproud.
Don’t ever again be fooled by the politicians telling you the drought is the cause of all the water shortage issues because that’s the big lie they want you to believe. They don’t want you to ask questions about the company’s making huge profits from selling water to desperate farmers. They don’t want you to ask questions about why water-intensive crops such as cotton and almonds are undermining the water system and other farmers. They don’t want you to ask who owns the water licenses and why the government is helping them to maximize their profits by ripping off the farmers.
In fact, the politicians don’t want you asking any questions and especially don’t ask David Littleproud about his wife’s cousin who has been charged with stealing $20 million linked to the Murray-Darling basin plan or ask Barnaby Joyce and Angus Taylor about $80 million watergate fraud and theft.
Rob McBride repeats the saying “You need a farmer 3 times a day” which is very true. A lot of people in Australia don’t really grasp how bad the crisis is and especially as far as food security is concerned. Its an issue everyone needs to start taking notice of before its too late.
Admin: I have set up a GoFundMe crowdfunding page to raise money for my legal battle with Capilano Honey who have spent years trying to silence me for reporting about their fake and polluted honey, to help fund writing my second book on judicial corruption and to help keep my website going so I can continue to publish articles.
New media publishers and independent journalists like myself do not make much money and struggle to cover costs and as the media world changes, the public interest reporting work I do is more important than ever. It would be greatly appreciated if you make a donation to help the work I do. If you would like to support please click below.
Please use the Twitter, Facebook, email and other buttons below and help promote this post.
If you would like to follow this website, you can by email notification at the top right or left of this page and about twice a week you will be notified when there is a new article.
Thank you for your support.