Free journalist Shane Dowling

Australian journalist/blogger Shane Dowling was jailed for four months on 10th of August 2017. He was jailed for standing up for free speech and exposing judicial corruption.

Mr. Dowling was found in contempt of court, after seven west media/channel 7 paid for 2 of their tv stars to institute frivolous and vexatious defamation proceeding against Mr. Dowling and his website kangaroo court of Australia. https://kangaroocourtofaustralia.com/

This was the second time Kerry Stokes seven west media/channel 7 instituted frivolous and vexatious contempt proceedings against Mr. Dowling. The first being in 2014.

Mr. Dowling has also been found guilty for criticising a judge for giving a pedophile priest only three months jail.
Mr. Dowling also raised allegations of judicial bribery.

Mr. Dowling is also facing a police charge for sending a email to the Supreme Court of NSW in 2016 regarding a pedophile priest three months jail and alleging judicial bribery.

There are a number of articles on Mr. Dowlings website kangaroo court of Australia which Mr. Dowing has written on the matters.

A Facebook page Free journalist Shane Dowling has been set up to support Mr. Dowling and Free Speech and your right to expose corruption in Australia. The facebook page can found by clicking on the following link. https://www.facebook.com/Free-Journalist-SHANE-Dowling-888678261297381/

Mr. dowling is currently jailed in john maroney 2. a low security prison and is due for release on the 9th of December 2017

74 Comments on “Free journalist Shane Dowling”

1. helentastard September 17, 2017 at 2:45 pm #

It is good to have news of Shane. I admire his courage and I shall join the campaign to set him free.

• patrickhayes888 September 20, 2017 at 10:49 am #

Helen Shane is in the outer metro centre at Richmond. The cranky/hostile prison officer would not pass a message to Shane for me. I am sending $200 to Shane’s account in the prison so that he can purchase necessities. The telephone number is 02 45822480. Cranky did say that I could book a visit. Unfortunately i am a broken down old pensioner in brisbane and cannot travel because health problems.

• helentastard September 20, 2017 at 11:52 am #

Thank you, Patrick.Well done! I can tell they are making it difficult to communicate with Shane. I  was referred at least twice before I was able to speak to anyone, hence the different phone number. Cheers Helen.

2. Les Kelly September 17, 2017 at 3:02 pm #

I thought things had gone a bit quiet on Kangaroo Court recently, and wondered why.
    Now I know, and I am bloody well appalled.
    I shall respond in the most practical way I know by visiting NAB tomorrow and tossing a few dollars into the hat.
    As that crusty old Anglican, Francis James used to say “Nil bastido carborundum.”

3. helentastard September 17, 2017 at 3:20 pm #

Les Kelly. Good for you! Do spread the word. If you haven’t already heard of it there is an excellent book now available as a free download which spells out exactly what is wrong with Australia’s legal system. See particularly Page 12. It was written by eminent retired journalist Evan Whitton and is entitled “Our Corrupt Legal System”. It can be found at netk.net.au/Whitton/OCLS.pdf We need to raise community awareness about how serious the problem of judicial corruption is in this country and how we are being edged further towards US and away from the fairer European truth-seekng system which uses few lawyers and specially trained judges.

4. Chris Towsey September 17, 2017 at 4:45 pm #

Shouldn’t Shane be protected under the whistle-blower protection legislation? This was set up to protect people bringing accusations against public office holders, so theycould not be victimised for shining the light on corruption – it appears to be missing in action here.

• helentastard September 17, 2017 at 6:08 pm #

Chris Townley. Yes indeed Shane should be protected. However in Australia, judges do not always uphold the law. Quite the reverse. Judges tend to protect themselves and each other. If a decision is made to suppress a court report there is no way of reversing it. Appeals are only allowed to proceed if judges allow them. We have the adversarial system at its very worst. It sometimes places the future of most vulnerable (including child abuse victims) in the hands of the most powerful (judges, lawyers, expert witnesses etc). This results in abuse being perpetuated. It is not known why these powerful people want to hurt children. Is it a form of social engineering? Congratulations to Shane for his role in exposing this. Unlike the rapist priest who was sentenced to only three months jail, Shane is in jail for four months without parole.

5. Louise September 17, 2017 at 5:50 pm #

Absolute bloody disgrace. Why don’t we all quit our jobs and join the queue of asylum seekey handouts and march on Canberra’s nest featherers to stop this bs. I am appalled and will donate to support Shane. Hang in there mate. What would happen if we all carried placards saying behead all corrupt pollies or judges who insult the intelligence of the fed up public?

• helentastard September 17, 2017 at 6:22 pm #

Louise. What a good idea! The problem we have is in bringing everyone who wants reform together. Reform is happening in Silicon Valley, California. This was motivated by the courageous San Francisco Chronicle newspaper. A summary arrived today as part of a change.org petition update. I can’t provide the link but use of the keywords : Jack & Jill Sanders ; sign petition ; investigate Family Court’s retaliations should bring it up. See also my Face Book page under my name. Also Annie Kelly’s Help Family Law and Family Court@EvilIndustry Global. We are not alone. Do link up and spread the word. We might attract a mainstream journalist with the nerve and integrity to publicize the corruption.

6. allan moore September 17, 2017 at 6:03 pm #

Great to see things moving this way, will check out facebook site tonight, and see how i can contribute.
    LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!,

7. helentastard September 17, 2017 at 6:24 pm #

See my post to Louise for some ideas. Others welcome!

8. Jonde September 17, 2017 at 6:39 pm #

I am not appaled or disgusted at the way Shane Dowling has been treated, I am 100% ashamed to be an Australian citizen living under the laws of dictators, liars, cheats, thieves and more who are the most hypocritical and corrupt two-faced bastard slime-ball, subhuman creatures using their ill-gotten and illegal positions in society to attack with self-inficted prejudice any person who takes it upon themselves the God-given right, the Freedom Of Speech which thousands of good people fought and died for to protect the now evil obscene dictators of false and un-Constitution justice for their own means and gains.
    The supressed truth and justice by Kerry Stokes and Co, the barristers, solicitors and lawmakers, the corrupt politicians who lie and cheat their way into positions of non-Constitutional self-gratificating levels of self-opinionated controlling rules and regulations are part of the total corruption under which every bank, private government ABN corporation, are hell-bent on destroying the honest people who made Australia a great country.
    All of the above-mentioned corrupt individuals, et al are whip-lashing the backs of Australians and riding them, jack-boot style into the ground, but repercussions are soon to come to the fore.
    Read in history the complete decimation of incompetent, self-appraising dictators.
    I will never have my Freedom Of Speech silenced, there is no-one on this Earth with the capacity or ability to silence me.

• Eddy September 21, 2017 at 11:11 am #

Jonde, Seriously, are you aware of Australia’s history, and in particular the first settlement in N.S.W. the official Government and the Criminal element within that same Government, who ran the place exactly as it is still being run today ?
      Where the folks who produced alcohol from their home stills were prosecuted and in many cases co-opted to manufacture alcohol for the Government who used the stuff as MONEY ????
      How was it, that the best land was always in the hands of these very same people, and the poorer lands were allocated out to the poorer people, these same people were ALLOWED to pay homage to their richer overlords.
      If you sided with them and served them loyally, you MIGHT be given leave, to exist on the periphery of their circles and pick up a few crumbs, thus elevating your own position in our society.
      The very same people who were doing this, installed the basis of the system under which we are living today, and their ancestors are doing an excellent job of ensuring things stay that way.
      People who think Australia is a Democracy are living a Fools existence.

9. allan moore September 17, 2017 at 6:49 pm #

I think the facebook site needs a couple of grenades thrown in there to wake people up to these bastards, i will work on it, and drop a nuke you tube as well. a lot of conspiracy geeks there that love this stuff, they may work in our favour what do you all think?
    If it’s done properly it could go viral considering so much of it is going on in our world today. Please note, it is imperative this point is mentioned over and over in our quest, as it is our world not exclusively theirs.
    There would only be mention of what happened to a believer of free speech in a clayton’s democracy, the blatant corruption, the spindless mainstream media muppets etc.
    ???????

10. allan moore September 17, 2017 at 7:01 pm #

Jonde, how about you be my speech writer, good stuff, me all over, i have said here before, as ex Australian Army, i have wondered why i swore to protect the likes of these hyenas, i often wonder how such a beautiful planet we live on can be infected with such diseased people.

11. Concerned Aussie September 18, 2017 at 11:19 am #

The word terrorism has its origins from governments terrorizing their citizens. The term has been hijacked and falsified to make people think it’s a bunch of Muslims who hate the west. But funnily enough it still is terrorism in the true sense of the word because those extremists are funded, armed and trained by the very same western governments for the purpose of regime change, control of oil and gas pipelines, natural resources and asset control (theft). While many people are still blind to this, more and more are waking up.

Shane’s case is no different. IT IS TERRORISM by the same bunch of criminals. Rule of law is a fluid thing, amended to benefit them. Anyone who exposes it and fights it is terrorized.

Still unconvinced?

Last time I did my tax returns my net income was about $3300 for the year. A child support assessment was made in the amount of $2800 for the year. (I gave up any career to save my kids from a less than capable mother. Plus I overheard the call to the child support office, and clearly the crying found a sympathetic ear.) A friend whose ex husband earned about $25,000 was given an assessment lower than mine. THAT’S TERRORISM.

Need more?

I copped a red light camera fine, left turn, 0.5sec over, the only one in 25 years driving. Would not reconsider because it’s about “road safety”. Alright… gave my financials and offered $5/month payment. Payment plan accepted but amount altered to $20/month without my knowledge or authority. (Now think here about a legal offer document for eg: a home purchase… one cannot just alter the contract amount.) Called them up and discussed, asked to submit documents again. Okay, did it again for $5/month… papers come back altered to $20 again. My lovely caring government (or agent) potentially committed 2 acts of fraud instead of the legal way of advising a different amount or referring to a court. THAT’S TERRORISM.

Some here know already, but the REAL TERRORISTS are not who you are led to believe they are. They hide among us, and infiltrate and control out governments.

12. helentastard September 18, 2017 at 4:12 pm #

If you want to visit or otherwise communicate with Shane Dowling in prison you will need to know his home address or his date of birth. To make visiting arrangements the correct phone number of NSW Corrections admin is 02 8346 1000.

13. allan moore September 18, 2017 at 6:01 pm #

Good evening Helen, hope you are recovering well, heard from Joe?

• Joe Zidar September 18, 2017 at 7:59 pm #

Hi Allan / Helen,

I am still here, just extremly streched at the moment. I will review the current blogs later tonight and will provide my view thereafter. Just sorting out some NCAT paperwork 🤕 that needs to be submitted tomorrow 🤠

• helentastard September 19, 2017 at 10:56 am #

Thanks for hanging in, Joe. H T

• helentastard September 19, 2017 at 11:03 am #

14. Joe Zidar September 18, 2017 at 8:17 pm #

I have been following this matter as well. Writing to GB is a total and utter waste of time..

I think they call him SPACE TEFLON in the corridors in Canberra..

15. allan moore September 18, 2017 at 8:25 pm #

Talk when your back on deck Joe, regards Allan

• Joe Zidar September 19, 2017 at 1:15 am #

Jonde,

I couldn’t agree with you more!!

Until you are adversly affected by corruption, you go about your life none the wiser. People will either fight for Justice or simply concede or they will reach a point where they have no option but to concede.

The latter is the most emotional, and I have been there on several occasions.
      I have accepted that sometimes you cannot win, as the system simply will not let you.

Accepting this fact is challenging. SD took lots of risks and pushed them hard, but you cannot beat a corrupt system, nor can you talk rationally with a drunk.

I do not think a handful of SD’s followers will achieve much and the politicians will do little.

Helen,

I came across Evan’s document some while ago, however I have had no time to read. I have come across so many atrocities relating to Estate and Family Law it is sickening.

After visiting the Charge.Org link you mentioned, I am even more disgusted.
      SD’s protest will not be in vein. I truly believe that this is part of his strategy and he will educate us even more.

That said, individuals alone cannot take on these people. Caselaw identifies the fighters. I have identified several. I think that reaching out to these fighters to come together and fight one battle at a time is the only way you can influence change.

Once you involve a Solicitor, your days are numbered and your bank balance becomes very low, very quickly. Most Solicitors make their money from the pathetic legislation we have. There is no incentive for them to make things write.

Allan, if anyone that could get some leverage and media attention with this I think it would be the RSL. Anyone that has represented Australia in some capacity and put their lives at risk would not condone what has occurred to SD.

As the NSW Government contributed to SD’s jailing, I am sure they will pursue all avenues to make his life difficult once he is released.

I will make some enquiries after the long weekend to go and visit SD. If you are based in Sydney and would like to join, please let me know.

What is sad is that this matter is getting very little coverage in any of the media streams. Sadly, most people simply do not have the time to become involve or are deeply concerned about the risks if they did become involved.

There are many people battling out there, but getting traction is difficult and frustrating. Unless there is a united front, and the PEOPLE start to rally, it will be impossible to implement change.

That said, people will start to congregate at all other major Sydney beaches. Handing out a one page flyer
      with KCoA website details along with a a summary of what has happened, may help.

Handing out flyers at sporting events like the NRL grand final may also generate some good exposure.

Lastly, what would be real interesting is that we tried to place a half a pager in some of the main stream papers…

It would be very interesting whether they would publish???

• helentastard September 19, 2017 at 11:40 am #

Hi Joe
        RE: Evan’s book. the main thrust is a proposed change in the legal system from the corrupt adversarial where lawyers pretend to represent clients, oppose each other and where a judge supposedly makes wise decisions according to the law. None of this is likely to happen in reality. On p 12 of Evan’s book you will see a tabulation contrasting the adverse/adversarial system with Europe’s truth- seeking/ investigative/inquisitorial system. Evan wants his book publicized so I could get approval to include this table in any flyers and ads we organize.

It’s a daunting task but I want to keep trying despite being physically limited at present. My only experience is with family law but Shane’s situation is very relevant and he acts and speaks for us all..

Crowd funding would be the best way to finance publicity while we continue to search for a brave journalist/reporter/newspaper. I could prepare a background summary of Shane’s case with which to launch the crowd funding if someone else can set it up using every network etc possible. T

Refusal to publish would be yet another scandal. HT

• Eddy September 21, 2017 at 11:26 am #

G’day Joe,
        Ref the reference to the R.S.L.
        My experience as a returned Vietnam Veteran with the R.S.L. has ensued I turn my back completely against that organisation within my home state of W.A.
        The treatment and behaviour I received when I approached them for assistance was disgusting and self serving.
        I cannot speak for Branches in other states, but here in W.A. I wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire.
        They are nothing but the buerocratic copy of the crminal government running the show.
        The moment I entered their office and the guy behind the desk DEMANDED I salute him, despite the fact he was in civvies and a civilian himself, didn’t seem to cut the mustard with him.
        I told him straight, I was no longer in the military, but a civilian, therefore not required to salute any other civilian.
        If this was how the R.S.L. behaved to it’s fellow members, he could take his organisation and shove it where the sun don’t shine.

16. allan moore September 19, 2017 at 10:11 am #

Hi Joe, been reading my mind mate?.
    My very thoughts, i have discussed a plan with fellow RSL members. To start with, a letter to all NSW members of the RSL ( around 40,000 ) to the editor of our national publication. This letter, will put strong emphasis on the democracy we all swore to protect being eroded by an enemy within. Soldiers past and present have always been aware of politicians and their bullshit, Soldiers, being at the pointy end of political bullshit, wakes one up to lifes darker side, i think a raw nerve will be struck amongst a lot of our 40,000 members provided the first letter is a land mine insofar as what has and is happening in our country, in particular the threat to free speech. The enemy within and it’s agenda has to be exposed to all RSL members. Personally, as an ex Soldier i feel totally betrayed by these
    filthy bastards, 6 years of my life dedicated to my country, 6 years of my life dedicated to train for the protection of our democratic lifestyle, and trained to kill for it, all the while traitors have been for decades, operating within our Government, Judicial System, and big business. I am sure my fellow RSL members will feel as i do on the issue.
    I will work behind the scenes putting this together, and run it by you and Helen to start with.
    Once Shane is released, we can seek his approval to implement the proposal. I am hoping Shane has some sort of legal recourse over his jailing which would give this approach some extra muscle
    As you may all be aware, The NSW RSL is embroiled in its own corruption scandal at the moment, hopefully that storm may have settled somewhat by Shane’s release .
    My only fear is infiltration of the RSL by these bastards, i will research the people i need to in the organization, in particular the editors background. and political donations, if any.
    Food for thought.
    Australia has the educated crook politicians, in the main lawyers, appointing highly educated criminals ( former lawyers ) to run and overseer our judicial system, in a lot of countries, behaviour like this would eventually lead to perpetrators being denied the ability to breath.Our democracy,hard fought for by generations of servicemen and women is being engineered by criminals to benefit themselves at an enormous cost to our way of living, we need to expose it all if we can

• helentastard September 19, 2017 at 10:34 am #

Allan Moore. A brilliant strategy! Helen T

• Eddy September 21, 2017 at 11:44 am #

Allen, nice to see I’m not the only Vet with such a mind set. I’ve been seriously pissed off with our system since my tour of the funny country, after being LIED to and mislead, by these same politicians and their sycophant followers the Media, who do their bidding.

As an untrained individual, I took on the legal system in the Industrial arena in W.A. from where I learnt of the corruption and criminality rampant within.
      From the lowly Clerk Of Courts right to the top of the the chief judges within my state, they all follow the line and cover each others arses every time.

I was told by the judge hearing my case, it was perfectly acceptable for me to front up against a fully trained Queens Council, (despite having no training whatever in the legal arena) whilst the Queen’s Council had done many years study and focused on his training for guidance. He considered me an equal in the Court. ??? Seriously. W.T.F.

To be quiet frank, I’m amazed that Australia has even progressed to the stage it has today.

Sadly, it is FACT, anyone that sticks their heads up to voice opposition to the ingrained criminal system operating, is liable to get it lopped off pretty quick, especially if inroads are being made that will influence the current system.

Having been on the coal face myself in this regard, I can attest to this fact.
      Unless you have serious financial backing and good legal (genuine) support, as well as support on the ground, any such effort is doomed to failure.

Recently, headlines in W.A. are shinning a light on this corruption with the inquest into the Shirley Finn murder. This inquest would never have seen the light of day, if the perps were still alive today. Note too, the involvement of the legal professions strong arm terrorists the POLICE’s part in this sorry saga.

This is the crap we are all facing. Question is ; How do we combat this when the whole system is designed to protect it’self ?

• helentastard September 21, 2017 at 1:54 pm #

EDDY We must first support SD to the utmost.  Sorry for being repetitive but we need to change from the adversarial system using lawyers to the truth seeking (Inquisitorial or Investigative) using specially trained judges. See p 12 of Evan Whitton’s book “Our Corrupt Legal System” which is available as a free download at       netk.net.au/Whitton/OCLS.pdf      HT

17. Fred Cuijpers September 19, 2017 at 2:05 pm #

I’m in Western Australia and appalled at Shanes treatment. I advised Shane to demand a Lawyer and a Jury verdict. Maybe that was denied or unavailable, A jury hearing his case would never had prosecuted him.
    My experiences in 12 years of seeking Justice is every stinking politician, Judge and Lawyers who have had knowledge of my case is involved in a cover up of stitch ups for filthy forgers Moncrieff Realty relative of Simon Moncrieff former Barrister and Family Court Judge.

We learn the truth from sites as Shane’s, about filthy corrupt Judges and Magistrates but when the dirtiest of all is Ombudsman Field {the man responsible for human rights in W.A } and consecutive Attorney Generals it is telling Australia is not a fit and proper nation for a permanent seat in the U>N.

Ombudsman Field is a dirty hypocrite! It’s people like him that permit corruption to fester in the Courts and the Public service. He travels around the world giving lectures on the importance of his position {ombudsman} to protect the general public and the importance of human rights in democracy when he is really an advocate for a Pol Pot regime. he’s a joke and embarrassment to Ombudsman everywhere.

The question is how do you motivate the masses when the mainstream media controls programming and supports the dirty corrupt establishment?

Everyone with a law degree is a servant of the Courts remember that! and therefore the Courts protect them, the problem they have is it conflicts with our basic human rights which is the domain of Ombudsman in your State and Commonwealth. The imaginary separation between the State and Courts!

Gumtree ad 1154364407

• helentastard September 19, 2017 at 3:33 pm #

Fred The only way to fix any of this is by publicity.  I think it is a world-wide problem so if anyone has even an inkling of a journalist anywhere who might write up this story, please get in touch. I am about to write a short summary of Shane’s present situation and shall publish it here. Please feel free to suggest amendments and/or use it wherever you think it will be useful. It will deal only with Shane’s conviction and sentencing of August  2017. H T

18. JB September 19, 2017 at 4:57 pm #

I have just read the entire judgement relating to Shane being sent to prison.

My reading of the judgement is not that Shane was imprisoned for anything related to free speech or journalism. Instead, Shaned was gaoled for deliberately and “enthusiastically” breaching a Court Order. He had been fined for a similar breach in an earlier Court case, but as the judge in the current case observed, this apparently had no effect on Shane’s conduct. And given that Shane offered no mitigating circumstance for his latest behaviour, the judge felt there was no option but to send Shane to prison.

It is interesting that one of Shane’s main arguments in his defence was that the judgement arising from the earlier Court case that issued the formal order against him might be set aside in the future. Shane appeared to argue that his latest court case was therefore premature. But the point, surely, is that a court order (no matter how ill conceived or questionable) must be obeyed until such time as it is actually set aside. That is to say, a court order has force and standing until the force and standing are formally revoked.

On reading many of the comments appearing here, I wonder how many contributors have actually bothered to read the latest court judgement, and how many have actually reflected on the deeper legal issues involved.

• allan moore September 19, 2017 at 7:05 pm #

Dear JB
      I think a lot of us here have read the entire judgment, you only repeat what we all know, you obviously have either chosen to ignore or can’t see the bigger picture here, the underlying corruption in our Political , Judicial, corporate worlds.
      For Christs sake, he got jailed for the full term that was available under the law, take a look at what real crims are getting away with in the courts, Shane had a sledge hammer dropped on him for standing up for what he believed in and in order to attempt to silence him.
      Take a look at what was thrown at him for alerting people to what is really going on in the above worlds.
      Have you read the unbelievable court orders against Shane over his exposure of the manipulation of the court system by the very people we entrust to run it, the corporate world and Politicians .
      We don’t need a lecture from someone who obviously is either a part of the system
      or in my opinion brain dead in relation to the real issue that is being pursued here.
      I speak as a former victim of the above mentioned worlds, I have experienced corruption at the highest levels of Government, the Judicial system and public service to the tune JB of just under 2 million dollars,that cost me my life’s work, a 30 year marriage and almost my sanity over a 4 year period. I am but one of an ever increasing number of my fellow Australians that have morally and financially raped buy a totally corrupt system we now suffer in this country. I am of the opinion you should keep your lectures to yourself and please refrain from insulting our intelligence, as i said, you are not looking at the bigger picture here for whatever reason, that’s your call JB, if you don’t support our cause or our goals please go and annoy someone else

• Joe Zidar September 19, 2017 at 7:39 pm #

JB,

I read your post and I must admit, it did make me laugh 😜

My guess is that you have never attended a Tribunal or Court, in a personal capacity, otherwise you probably would not have made such assertions.

That said, you are entitled to your view, and while your view may differ from others engaged in this blog, your views are not being suppressed 🤠

Now, I am probably guessing that you don’t have children either? The reason I make this assertion is that you imply that (4) months jailing of SD compared to (3) months for a convicted Paedophile is fair. I have formed a different view.

Now, anyone that’s a true supporter of the fight against corruption would know that what is documented in CASELAW is generally onesided and many facts are omitted, especially if you are taking on the judiciary, government or the elite.

Anyway, I enjoy reading all blogs, but in this instance,
        prefer ones that are helpful in assisting SD.

• helentastard September 20, 2017 at 12:13 pm #

I don’t think JB as been a victim of our legal system. I used to be similarly idealistic. HT

19. allan moore September 19, 2017 at 7:17 pm #

Sorry JB i forgot to add, you ask have we “REFLECTED ON THE DEEPER LEGAL ISSUES” WTF do you think we are doing here scratching our heads and balls at the same time?

20. JB September 19, 2017 at 10:16 pm #

Allan – I am truly sorry to learn that the “worlds” you refer to in your two responses have cost you just under two million dollars, your life’s work, a thirty-year marriage and nearly your sanity. Although I can never walk in your shoes, I can well imagine how such a terrible life experience must leave one bitter, bent out of shape and generally distrustful of the “worlds” concerned. I can also imagine how such ruinous events could serve to make a former victim intolerant of any view or argument that does not accord with his/her world outlook. Nonetheless, and notwithstanding your somewhat coarse turn of phrase above, I do wonder whether experiences such as yours would undermine capacity for dispassionate analysis and rational discourse. For that reason I choose not to address the points you make as I do not want to run the risk of maybe reopening old wounds. Besides, it is highly unlikely that you find even the slightest merit in anything I have to say about Shane and his gaoling. God bless.

• Joe Zidar September 19, 2017 at 11:22 pm #

JB,

You have made point. I even had to google the meaning of some of the statements that you made.

This blog is not designed to attack each other. It would be more constructive if you expanded on your view without attacking people.

While I do not agree with your assertion that we must abide by
      “court orders”, I am very interested to hear your view regarding the “deeper” issues.

Hopefully it covers some aspects about the “Rule of Law”. That said, if your motivation is merely to frustrate people, can you kindly reconsider your intentions.

Thanks 👍

• JB September 20, 2017 at 8:06 am #

Thank you for those comments, Joe.

I was prompted to go back to the original judgement in the Dowling gaoling because the consensus of contributions to this thread seems to be that Shane was imprisoned because he was engaging in free speech and acting like a journalist. I found it difficult to accept that a judge would so openly convict someone on this basis knowing that his/her judgement is public and potentially subject to further appeal and scrutiny. And my reading of the judgement supported my initial scepticism. Shane was not gaoled for exercising free speech as a journalist. Instead, he was imprisoned purely and simply because he had breached a Court order and was therefore in contempt of Court. And the fact that he showed defiance rather than remorse, and that he offered no valid reason or mitigating circumstance, for his breach inevitably resulted in the outcome we all now know.

One of the things that distinguishes our society from, say, a communist dictatorship is the rule of Law. And the rule of Law invests our Courts with a measure of authority – often ultimate authority. Of course, this is not to say that the authority exercised by the Courts, or the individual judges within the Courts, is always exercised fairly or justly. Neither does it imply that all laws are by definition fair or perfect. It is an undeniable fact that sometimes judges are mistaken and their decisions flawed. And when this occurs the administration of justice is not as even handed or as balanced as it ought to be. Nevertheless, even with its warts and imperfections, our Court system is all that we have. Our Court system is all that stands between us and a communistic type dictatorship or even unfettered anarchy (the “law of the jungle”).

That being the case, it is my contention that Court orders must be obeyed – even questionable Court orders. No matter how well intentioned or sincere perpetrators might be, individuals cannot be permitted to breach Court orders with impunity or at will. To do so would be destroy the authority of our Courts and ultimately undermine the rule of Law itself. To do so would be to encourage, as well as sanction, civil disobedience and the social chaos that would inevitably arise.

If individuals are permitted to breach Court orders on whatever basis they choose, on whatever occasions they choose, and for whatever reasons they choose, then our entire system of law would rapidly break down. It would be rather like choosing to exceed the speed limit on the ground that you (genuinely and reasonably) disagreed with a particular advertised speed zone. The way to change questionable laws is not to revert to anarchy and civil disobedience. Instead, the intelligent crusader will find a way to bring about change within the existing framework. The intelligent crusader will not embrace the “law of the jungle”. Sincerity and unshakeable conviction in the righteousness of one’s cause is not a justification for the unsophisticated approach implied by civil disobedience. This is why people who are wrapped up in the their blankets of anger and righteous indignation are mostly condemned to irrelevance and will never bring about useful or needed change. Such people cannot see beyond their immediate perspective thus eroding their own position. Which is a pity, because otherwise sound and sensible positions are being eclipsed by the irrationality of unbridled and undisciplined anger.

In Shane’s case, there was a Court order against him. Granted the order might be questionable, and granted the potential was/is there for the Court order to be set aside in the future. But until it is actually set aside, Shane is obliged to abide by that Court order. (Unless, of course, Shane considers himself to be above the Law – a distinct possibility some might argue.) The fact that Shane is sincere and passionate in his belief is of no consequence. Neither is it of any consequence that other, quite independent, situations (for example, the case of the paedophile priest you mention) might throw up different or anomalous legal outcomes. By way of analogy, one can offer a traffic example. Suppose you have been caught driving at 60 kph in a 40 kph speed zone. Is it really a valid or reasonable defence to argue that you should not be punished because you sincerely believe the 40 kph restriction is ridiculous? Or that another driver was doing 80 kph in the speed zone? Or that a driver who was clearly doing over 100 kph was not even pulled over? I would argue that breaking the speed limit is an individual matter and should be dealt with on an individual basis quite independently of what other drivers might, or might not, have been doing. But clearly there are many contributors on this website who will disagree with me on this.

In my view, Shane needs to exhibit far more discipline, and far more maturity, in his social crusade than he has to date. Of course, suggesting this is going to be anathema to Shane’s rusted on supporters, but of itself that does not destroy the validity of my observation. I fully expect a continuation of the crude “shoot the messenger” approach adopted here by Allan. When anger and indignation are present, often the first casualties will be rational thought and dispassionate discourse.

• helentastard September 20, 2017 at 3:21 pm #

JB I found your comment rather patronizing and lacking in empathy. I suspect you are a lawyer.   Alan is still a victim. If the courts reviewed and published the results of their rulings the public would be aware of the damage done.  The legal system is a cruel autocracy. H T

• JB September 20, 2017 at 3:39 pm #

The implication of your comment appears to be that a Court Order should only be obeyed if the individual concerned considers the Court Order to be valid and/or reasonable. And given that different individuals are likely to hold different opinions (even on similar Court Orders), your position suggests that obeying Court Orders is optional and solely at the subjective discretion of the individual concerned. And for merely pointing this out, you judge me to be “patronising” and “lacking in empathy”? Well, if that’s your definition of being patronising and lacking in empathy, then I plead guilty. Nothing like an inconvenient truth to stir up the loyal troops. And, just for the record, I never thought, or even suggested, Allan was not a victim of our legal system. This is a construction that you chose to place on my commentary.

• helentastard September 20, 2017 at 4:14 pm #

Dear JB. I cannot find a published judgement relating to the major contempt of court charge of which SD was convicted on 3 August. Would you be kind enough to publish the link online please? The major issue (of which there were three) related to naming the judge who gave a light sentence to a paedophile priest. I feel that the judgment was suppressed since I cannot even find a media report. If so the issue is indeed that of freedom of speech. Without a published judgment our friend cannot begin to launch an appeal to the High Court. If the true reason for his jailing related to an untrue comment on the judge’s character why has the latter not sued for defamation? If this published judgment cannot be found I must reluctantly conclude that there has been collusion to pervert the course of justice. Surely it is too harsh to jail someone for four months without parole for engaging in a non-violent protest. In any case I’d be relieved to see a published judgment. Thank you. HT

• JB September 20, 2017 at 4:51 pm #

Hi HT.

I would be more than happy to relocate and post the link when I get home later today. But just to clarify, the ONLY link I have is for the website I visited, namely the one that contains the Dowling judgement. I’m not entirely certain that link is the one you are asking for. If it is, then I can oblige. But if you had in mind a different link, then regrettably I cannot provide it. Not because I am being difficult but rather because I have no knowledge of what you are referring to. Best wishes.

• helentastard September 20, 2017 at 4:30 pm #

JB . This is a response to your earlier comment on court orders. Most would agree that court orders should be obeyed. However if a court order is imposed illegally one should first use legal means to have it lifted. If this fails publicity is the only way to obtain justice. I can tell that you are not a natural social reformer, JD. And that you have not experienced injustice relating to court matters. If you have, perhaps you would share your experiences with us. I need to better understand why you are so active in this forum. You seem to be an apologist for the judiciary. This forum seeks to correct an injustice and you seem to be undermining this. If I don’t receive that link I shall skip over your future posts. HT

21. allan moore September 20, 2017 at 4:09 am #

Your last sentence is spot on JB ,i will leave it at that thank you. Sorry Joe, sometimes genetically challenged pseudo academics piss me off.

• Joe Zidar September 20, 2017 at 8:28 am #

JB,

Thank you for your view.

In recent years I have learnt to listen more and talk less. I have also read the CASELAW several time and to a large extent agree with your view.

SD has been jailed for breaching Court Orders. I have stated in previous blog that he does take many risks and though I am supportive of his work, discipline is imperative.

Your anologies are sound, though our Judicial system is flawed and corrupted. Sometimes to make a disruption, you must challenge the system.

SD challenged the system, and was in my view heavily punished, but not on the merits of the case, but as a result of his courage to stand defiant and the people involved.

I am personally embroiled in legal matter, that now extends to the
      NSW Government. There is not one soul on this planet that can convince me that there is good justice in this country.

This forum should be balanced as it would help the fight against corruption in what was a wonderful country!!!

• helentastard September 20, 2017 at 12:08 pm #

Dear Joe I agree. I am involved in  in supporting Shane only because of someone I know who has been badly treated by the courts.  Every other avenue has been tried without success so challenging the law with a view to reform is the only means left.  Bad laws need to be changed but in  our case (as in Silicon Valley in California the courts are at fault. The community of Santa Clara for example  has risen in protest. We need to do the same. HT

• helentastard September 20, 2017 at 3:15 pm #

Joe   The system is very selective when it comes to discipline. I have seen about twenty breaches of the same court order disallowed by the judge who said they were all “stale”, too recent or trivial. All were documented. The respondent and their lawyer admitted to breaching the only one the judge would allow, but were forgiven. There was no discipline in the Family Court that day or on any of the subsequent days when a powerful  judge pretended to consider whether to allow an appeal. He always intended to disallow it.. I had been self-disciplined all my life but I realize the futility of it all when I know that modern court outcomes are pre-determined in favour of whoever has the most money and the least ethics. Also where court transcripts are doctored, perjury encouraged, where judges refuse to uphold the law,l and are entirely unaccountable. Surely everyone realizes that they are all political appointees who can do as they please with a secure job until the age of 70.

22. Les Kelly September 20, 2017 at 9:41 am #

Thank you JB for your reasoned view, which should help clear the air.

Whereas I am usually on side with SD in his tilts at abuse by vested interests; nevertheless I acknowledge that he does sail close to the wind and occasionally oversteps the mark with his commentary. But he is having a go at exposing and making abuse accountable.
    I often advise my kids and grand-kids that a person who never made a mistake never made anything – hopefully moderated with common sense.

23. allan moore September 20, 2017 at 12:56 pm #

Dear JB, A better explanation as to where you are coming from and i will second Joe’s reply to you September 20 @ 8.28 am, I am fully aware of what SD brought upon himself.
    Yes i am bitter with a system that is corrupted, that’s why i am here, to at least help expose it, as it would take JC himself to change it.
    Please accept my apology

24. JB September 20, 2017 at 1:13 pm #

Allan – thank you for your kind and generous comment. In my opinion, and notwithstanding the earlier comment you made three days ago, your oath of allegiance was not misplaced and Australia was well protected when you were in the army. Best wishes and thank you for your service. 🙂

25. JB September 20, 2017 at 5:49 pm #

HT – I am unable to use a “reply” button to respond to your earlier request, so instead I am creating a brand new comment.

Below is the website link containing the Dowling judgement. Before you mentioned the possibility, it never occurred to me that the judgement might be supressed. At the moment it appears not to be suppressed. But in case it becomes suppressed after I have posted this reply, I have saved an electronic copy of the judgement as a precaution. If needed, I can send you a copy, but you would need to advise on the best way of delivering it to you. Best wishes.

26. Joe Zidar September 20, 2017 at 11:43 pm #

Hi Helen,

Just come across this link.

I think its safe to say that this is the primary driver behind SD’s position not to remove material from the KCoA.

My question is how can a defamation case be brought against you, and you are convicted of contempt, when the two individuals won’t confirm under oath that they had sexual relations with TW?

There is so much information 🤕

Now normally the defence to Defamation is the TRUTH ..

So, based on what I just read, if SD only published the TRUTH, but defied Court Order’s of Contempt, because he considers the Defamation CASE to be unlawful, then his Freedom of Speech has been supressed for no good reason, and he is now in jail because (2) Australian SWM personalities have brought FRIVIOLOUS defamation claims against him..

I also note found (1) CASELAW was supressed, though SD published it. I also find that to be an abuse of power by the Judiciary…

I really need to find the time to digest this sequence of events !!!

In my view it would appear that an innocent man has be jailed…

Mmmm…

• JB September 21, 2017 at 12:01 am #

An interesting line of argument, Joe. However, I think its success is going to hinge on what I perceive to be your basic premise – that a refusal to deny constitutes an admission that what is being asserted is true. Some people would argue the two things just do not follow. To take a totally silly example, if I accuse you of being an idiot and you choose to ignore me, does that automatically mean I am correct and that you are admitting to being an idiot? I would think not, because there could be any one of a number of reasons why you might choose to remain silent.

• Joe Zidar September 21, 2017 at 6:43 am #

JB,

Fair point.

My other (2) posts are still under moderation for some reason.

That said, if people can bring litigation against you, but then they can remain silent and are not required to defend their position under oath, then I have a real problem with that.

I am very interested in better understanding this aspect of law as this issue is the basis of the estate dispute that our family is embroiled in.

For example, your anaolgy to prove that I am an idiot would be extremely challenging and highly unlikely, however, to prove that someone has had sexual encounters would be far easier per say.

This matter is extremely complex as it crossed into two other high profile cases, that were both linked to Mr Kerry Stokes.

To take on such an individual, you need a strategy and a plan, and you must be agile and revise the above frequently, depending on the information at hand.

The WAR between SD &
        Mr Stokes is far from over. Having working in the media industry many years ago, it is well known that Tim Worner
        is a protected CEO.

That fact will not change whatsover, especially while he remains at SWM.

Further, it is unlikely that his options for alternative employment at another broadcaster would readily available, and he certainly would not have the same protections.

Before you can take on the likes of Mr Kerry Stokes, you must be well aquainted with all relevant legislation and precedents.

From spending the past (12) months reviewing material on KCoA, SD certainly has all the relevant evidence to WIN, but framing this evidence into robust submissions takes is a separate challenge while trying to maintain a job… 😤

Entering the JUNGLE without any weapons and shoes, but plenty of food and water, does not guarantee survival…

• JB September 21, 2017 at 1:52 pm #

Joe – I guess the other thing that could be said about the example you raised earlier is this: it is not for Shane to determine or judge the merits of any defamation case against him. It is not his call to make . The role of judgement is reserved for the Courts. In any event, and regardless of what he thinks of the defamation cases against him, Shane is obliged to comply with any Court orders issued against him. An allegedly “baseless” defamation case is one thing. An existing Court order is an entirely separate thing. At law (as opposed to in Shane’s mind), there is no relationship between the two, and the two things must not be conflated.

I feel Shane fell into this same trap when he spoke about his $2,000 fine during his latest Court episode. The unpaid fine has never been pursued by authorities and Shane has consistently maintained that this “proves” the basis of the fine is (to use one of Shane’s favourite words) “dodgy”. But as the judge pointed out, various explanations exist as to why a fine might not be pursued and Shane is not entitled to assume one explanation to the exclusion of other possible explanations.

• helentastard September 21, 2017 at 2:00 pm #

JB II was mistaken in thinking that you were also interested in justice for Shane. You miss the whole point. Why should anyone accept injustice at the hands of those who only want to suppress the truth and demonstrate the power they hold only because they are political appointees?  Our politicians have let us all down.  HT

• JB September 21, 2017 at 2:24 pm #

HT – but where precisely, or what precisely, is the injustice that you continually allude to? Shane is in gaol. Clearly, you (and presumably others) feel this is an injustice. But WHY is this an injustice? Your assertion that politicians have let us down might well be true, but in terms of the Law as it currently stands, how has Shane suffered an injustice? To contend that there has been an injustice is to imply that the existing law has not been properly applied. I am not saying there was no injustice – I am simply saying that I cannot see it. And I am asking that you help me see it. To conclude, and state, that I am not interested in seeing justice done just because I cannot see what you are seeing is harsh. Maybe even an injustice, so to speak. 🙂

• JB September 21, 2017 at 2:41 pm #

HT – I posted up four further web links a short while ago, but these are “awaiting moderation”. Given that Joe also is experiencing this in relation to his Caselaw posts, I would whether the system is set up so as to “capture” legal content. Just to reaffirm that I have copies of all links I post up and can deliver these copies to you if required.

• helentastard September 21, 2017 at 3:29 pm #

Dear JB Thank you, but I have retrieved  the only relevant caselaw etc link – that relating to 10 August   2017. It supports my concerns. I’ll post my conclusions by tomorrow after which I shall retire from this forum until after SD’s release.  See my post to Joe.  Regards. HT

• helentastard September 21, 2017 at 9:51 am #

Dear JB
      Thank you. I shall reply to all your posts later today if the system will let me. I keep losing the connection when I enter certain names etc. Your link relates only to the Jane Doe aspect, not the major matter mentioned in the blog re 3 UGI had seen it. This ids the official version which hides the truth about the real issue. Musts go before they delete this. Please acknowledge if you see it to helentastard@ozemail.com.au Thank you. HT

27. helentastard September 21, 2017 at 9:53 am #

EXCUSE TYPOS ABOVE. THIS ONE WAS POSTED BEFORE i WAS ABLE TO CHECK IT. HT

• Joe Zidar September 21, 2017 at 12:20 pm #

Hi HT,

My latest to posts have did not past moderation. I believe this is an automated function and if SD does not authorise, your posts gets deleted.

Post’s get held up if they are
      off-topic or contain material that
      need authorisation. They must get automatically deleted? Not sure how SD has set this up.

I will drop you and email containing all of the links to CASELAW that I have tried to send..

• helentastard September 21, 2017 at 1:45 pm #

Thank you Joe. I wonder if SD is allowed regular access to his website HT

• Joe Zidar September 21, 2017 at 2:53 pm #

HT,

JB is educating us 👍

I understand what he is stating, and I have heard the same from Lawyers that I have engaged.

The Law is very complex and intriguing. While there are many injustices that exist and atrocities that transpire, this is the beast we must work with. Change is very slow..

We simply do not understand the law as a legal person does and JB has certainly demonstrated he has a far greater understanding of the law than most of us, if not all of us.

I find his responses very useful, and in my view to see him cease providing his views, would be a disadvantage to us all.

BTW, he does not have to support SD actions to be part of this blog, however he has provided great insight into how the courts operate.

Be grateful that this information is free 🤗

• helentastard September 21, 2017 at 3:21 pm #

Dear Joe You disappoint me. incidentally, I do understand the law and know what is wrong with it.  I also know that legal documents are written in such a way that only those with a university education can be expected to understand them. Hence the frequent advice from people like lawyer  Ned, (formerly of this forum) to seek legal advice This decreases personal confidence and helps them make money and stay in control.

I don’t suggest JB stop contributing but I do feel that he is impeding our progress in helping SD. I have still not received the full 10 August judgment I requested of JB. The link sent refers only to one of the three matters of which SD was found guilty on 3 August.

Incidentally lawyers use a different version of logic from the rest of us but we don’t realize this unless and until they mislead us and are backed up by judges.  Perhaps the education system’s falling standards are related to all this.

After I have posted my summary conclusion on just why SD was imprisoned I intend to retire from this forum until SD is released in December. I have many other things requiring my attention. The main reason for my departure is the frequent deletion of my posts and other online interference which I am sure is not the work of SD of of any legitimate moderator etc. I am spending more time than I can spare and shall find another, more private, means of  fighting judicial corruption. Au revoir and no hard feelings. See you all on 10 December to welcome SD back.  Best wishes. HT

• JB September 21, 2017 at 3:58 pm #

What a delightful and generous commentary, Joe! Thank you. For my part, I understand where HT is coming from and why she says the things she says. HT is passionate, and for that she is to be admired! However, and notwithstanding its indisputable merits, passion must not be allowed to cloud reason and logic – especially when dealing with the “beast” you refer to. 🙂

28. allan moore September 21, 2017 at 6:25 pm #

Dear Helen and Joe, I too am retiring from this forum until SD’s release, I am suspicious of who is monitoring the site for reasons i will not reveal here.
    Allan

• helentastard September 22, 2017 at 12:53 am #

Thanks Allan.  We can still keep working offline. Regards. HT

29. allan moore September 21, 2017 at 6:33 pm #

Helen, forgot, keep record of all sus phone # to you if any. and do a check on spam mail auto trashed on your computer, sometimes you will find a surprise, be careful and check it

• Joe Zidar September 21, 2017 at 7:17 pm #

Hi all,

I gave up worrying about that some while ago but appreciate your concerns.

HT, I just sent you an email. Please
      feel free to respond.

AM, please feel free to send me an email at 6foot3joey@gmail.com

JB, you are also most welcome to write to me.

BTW, WORDPRESS can be sutup
      with RULES to moderate. I don’t suspect anything suspicious is going on, rather SD has possibly setup the MODERATOR software to delete
      posts after a certain time frame as he would not be able to monitor.

• helentastard September 22, 2017 at 12:50 am #