This is the last post for the year and I thought it would be good to summarise what this site has achieved and the direction it will heading for the next 12 months.
Even though this site has not set the world on fire, we have had a number of wins which is pretty good going for a site that is only 12 months old. My first post was on the 2nd January 2011. The reason I say we instead of I (as I am the only writer of the posts) is because this site is reliant on the followers and readers of this site to have any impact. And impact we have had, make no mistake about that.
Some of the achievements are:
- This site is now archived by the National Library of Australia on their Pandora website. (Click here to see)
- Initiated the Julia Gillard media crisis with my story on 7th of August titled “Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s criminal history and her hypocrisy with WikiLeaks and Julian Assange.” (Click here to read) which forced her to intervene and close down the reporting of her corrupt past.
- This site got a mention on Media Watch and in The Australian. (Click here)
- This site has had over 102,000 page views (96,000 since the beginning of July). Which is very good going for a new site.
- Almost 300 subscribers to the site. Most have joined in the last five months as you would expect for a new site.
- Kerry Stokes had one of his lawyers send me a threatening letter after I did a post on him. He had no right to do so as I was speaking the truth and covered legally by fair comment law. Stokes and his lawyer were sent packing after I did another post on the letter and the lawyer and I never heard from them again. (Click here to read)
Next year which is the second year of this site I will be trying to post on a more regular basis and utilise video more for on site reporting and interviews.
I think what has been achieved starting from scratch at the beginning of the year has been a fair and reasonable effort. There is no reason if the growth rate can be kept going that this site will be a real force in 2012.
I will start posting again sometime towards the end of January 2012.
Thank you for your support and happy Christmas and New Year.
Categories: Julia Gillard