Workplace Relations Minister Bill Shorten has appointed a criminal, a political patsy and an academic to review the Fair Work Act. This comes at a time when there is a clear cover-up at Fair Pay Australia in the Craig Thomson / HSU fraud scandal.
One appointee, Dr John Edwards is a board member of the Reserve Bank of Australia which is currently engulfed with the Securency (50% owned by the RBA) and Note Printing Australia (100% owned by the RBA) international bribery scandal where at least 9 ex-employees have been charged with bribing overseas officials. The board members of the RBA are guilty of trying to cover-up the bribery and even though Dr John Edwards was only appointed on the 31st July 2011 he is now as guilty as the rest of the board members as the cover-up continues.
Another is Michael Francis Moore who is a former Federal Court of Australia judge and someone who’s history I know well. I have written a book where he gets a substantial mention and his own chapter and there is enough evidence in there to put him in jail for a very long time.
The third appointee is the academic Ron McCallum who is a clean skin to my knowledge and seems to have been appointed to give the review some credibility.
But it is the history of Dr John Edwards and Michael Francis Moore that needs to be looked at as they are clearly unsuitable to conduct the review of the Fair Work Act.
The three were appointed on the 20th December 2011 with a time frame of reporting to the Government by May 2012.
Dr John Edwards
Dr John Edwards is a board member of the Reserve Bank of Australia and has been a good labor boy for a long time.
Mr Edwards has a long CV and is well equipped in economics knowledge, but it is two parts of his CV which shows he is a labor boy. That being 1. From 1991 to 1994 John was principal economic adviser to Treasurer and then Prime Minister, Paul Keating. and 2. He has published four books, two being ‘Keating – the inside story’ (Viking 1996) and his most recent book is ‘Curtin’s Gift: Re-interpreting Australia’s greatest Prime Minister’. And Curtin was a Labor Prime Minister.
The problem being is that with all the political appointments and the clear cover-up going on at Fair Pay Australia the last thing you need is another clear political appointment in Mr Edwards. Add that to the fact that the Reserve Bank is trying to cover-up the Board Members criminal conduct in the international bribery scandal, of which Mr Edwards is now part, it is not a good look to say the least.
It is worth noting that when Dr John Edwards was appointed as a Board Member of the RBA his political background was left out of the press release by the Treasure Wayne Swan. (Click here to read)
Likewise when he was appointed to the Fair Work Act review the press release by Bill Shorten left his political background to nearly the end in attachment 2. (Click here to read)
It is worth looking at the mess the Reserve Bank of Australia are in and some of the cover-up which leads back to the Board members.
1. 2007 – Abdul Kayum admits to Note Printing Australia management that he is paying bribes to win contracts. Former Reserve Bank of Australia deputy governor Graeme Thompson is fully aware of this. Mr Kayum has now been charged for bribery.
2. 2007 – Other “serving and former Reserve officials on the boards of Securency and NPA agreed to handle it internally.” (Click here to read the full article)
3. 2007 – Note Printing Australia get legal advice from Freehills lawyers who say no Australian Laws have been breached so there is no need to notify the police. Nine people have since been charged. Freehills role needs investigation as well. If you pay enough you can get any legal advice you want to cover yourself and Freehills are the type of firm that will give you that advice.
4. 2008 – April – I have previously written about the RBA where I say “A whistleblower who worked for Securency went to the Australian Federal Police in April 2008 armed with hard evidence. The Federal Police tried to sweep it under the carpet which they did successfully until May 2009 when The Age newspaper in Melbourne ran a story exposing the corrupt deals at Securency.” (Click here to read the previous post – The RBA part is towards the end)
5. 2009 – May – After the media reports the Reserve Bank of Australia board refer it to the Federal Police and say they knew nothing about the bribes. It turns out they were lying.
6. 2011 – August – RBA governor, Glenn Stevens and deputy governor, Ric Battellino lie to the House of Representatives economics committee about the bribery scandal.
7. 2011 – October – “THE Gillard government has blocked a parliamentary committee from recalling Reserve Bank governor Glenn Stevens to face questions about allegations that some of his most senior officials covered up corruption at the central bank’s subsidiaries.”
“To ensure the RBA leadership was not forced to appear, it is understood Labor had backbencher Craig Thomson phone in his vote to the committee despite him being on leave from Parliament to celebrate the arrival of his baby daughter.” (Click here to read the full article)
That’s right, the same Craig Thomson who currently being investigated by police and Fair Pay Australia. The board of the Reserve Bank owe him plenty. I am sure that John Edwards would be well aware of that.
Michael Francis Moore
Mr Moore’s history makes Craig Thomson look like a boy scout when it comes to criminal activity.
Mr Moore graduated with a law degree in 1974 and became a barrister in 1976. His judicial career started in 1989 when he was appointed a Presidential Member of the Australian Industrial Relations Commission by the Bob Hawke Labor government.
In 1994 he was also appointed a Federal Court of Australia judge by the Paul Keating Labor government.
I had an unlawful termination and breach of Freedom of Association proceeding that ultimately came before Justice Moore.
It was against Fairfax Media and Freehills were their lawyers. I was unlawfully sacked in May 2007 and the hearing was some 20 months later in March 2009. There is a saying “justice delayed is justice denied.” Unlawful and unfair dismissals should take a few months at worst to get to hearing. The 20 months I waited is an Australian record to my knowledge and could only happen when the respondents are abusing the system and the judicial officers are compliant.
Fairfax Media and Freehills ran every frivolous argument they could and the numerous judicial officers obliged.
Did Justice Moore take a bribe? Well he is not refuting it so why should anyone else. There is a picture of me on the front cover of my book holding a sign saying “Justice Moore Federal Court of Australia takes bribes”. It was taken outside the Law Court building in Sydney just to show how corrupt the system is. Mr Moore and the Attorney-General at the time, Mr McClelland, had to take action but they could not because the evidence is there to back it up.
Mr Moore is well aware of the photo and the book. (Click here for the book page) or (click here for the website for the book) I even tendered the photo and others like it as an attachment to an affidavit when the matter was before Mr Moore. He said he did not read the affidavit.
I will not get into all the evidence as there is no need, you do not have to go past the front cover. I was at book signing at the Town Hall Square Angus & Robertson bookstore in 2010 and a guy came up to me and said in relation to Mr Moore taking bribes “If you had the evidence to back that up he would be in jail”. I responded “If I did not have the evidence I would be in Jail” He said “Good point” and walked off.
A lady also came up to me at the same book signing and said in relation to Mr Moore taking bribes “What evidence do you have to support that”, Before I had a chance to respond she said “I suppose the front cover of the book for starters.” The book would not have survived if there was no evidence as Mr Moore and the Attorney-General would have taken legal action to have it withdrawn which they could do very quickly. Also I would have been charged with contempt of court. As it stands the book is freely available and is in numerous libraries across the country, including the NSW State parliamentary library which I understand their copy has been given a good workout by the state politicians.
Mr Moore resigned in July 2011 as a Federal Court of Australia judge and in my estimate some ten years or so before he reached the mandatory retirement age of 70. Why? I do not know. But it must have been extremely embarrassing for him going to work and all the other judges and court staff knowing about the book and knowing that there was nothing he could do to stop it because it is true.
It is like the previous link which I will link again (Click here to read) where the Sydney Morning Herald names people they accuse of covering up the RBA bribery. Some of the people they name are: deputy governor Ric Battellino, a former deputy governor, Graeme Thompson, former NPA boss Chris Ogilvy, an assistant governor, Frank Campbell, and Bob Rankin, a former assistant governor and now the bank’s chief representative in Europe.
The cover-up is a criminal offence in itself, so the SMH is accusing them of criminal offences. If there was no basis to that the above mentioned could have and would have taken legal action against the SMH. The fact that they have not says it all. The same goes for Michael Moore. If you have evidence of someones criminal conduct they can not stop you from saying it or publishing it.
There are two key reasons why the review panel needs to be fixed to make sure it hands down a favourable report.
1. The Prime Minister Julia Gillard was the Minister for Workplace Relations when the Fair Work Act and Fair Pay Australia came into effect and any adverse findings would reflect poorly on her and also the Labor Party. Given their current unpopularity they can not afford it.
2. Like any review or inquiry it can quite often lead into other areas and they want to make sure it does not review Fair Pay Australia taking 3 years to investigate the Craig Thomson / HSU fraud.
Bill Shorten and the government are well aware of the above and have been for a long time.
Admin: This website is not about my experiences, but corruption in the judiciary as a whole. In saying that a lot of my knowledge comes from my own experience and a number of parties from my time in court have raised their heads of late. Like Mr Moore above, so over the next few posts they will get mentioned.
You will not read the above in any so-called mainstream media, but it is in the public interest that the information gets out there. So it would be greatly appreciated if you spend a minute using Twitter, Facebook and email ect and put a link to this post (Please do not send the whole post). Just click on the icons below.
And make sure you follow this site by email which is on the top right of this page and about once a week you will get an email when there is a new post/story on this site. Thank you for your support