Senator Linda Reynolds has sent me a legal threat from her lawyers, as per below, after I emailed them some questions regarding false evidence that Linda Reynolds has admitted giving under oath in the rape trial of Bruce Lehrmann in the ACT Supreme Court.
I published an article on Sunday the 20th of August 2023 titled “Did Senator Linda Reynolds’ perjury in the Bruce Lehrmann trial cost Brittany Higgins justice?” which covers Linda Reynolds recent admission she gave false evidence under oath. (Click here to read)
I then sent the below email on Monday night, the 21st of August, to Linda Reynolds lawyers as it seems to be the only way Senator Reynolds will respond to media questions.
From: SHANE DOWLING
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2023 11:05 PM
Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Perjury by Senator Linda Reynolds in the Bruce Lehrmann rape trial
Dear Martin Bennett
Re: Your client Senator Linda Reynolds
I have published an article titled “Did Senator Linda Reynolds’ perjury in the Bruce Lehrmann trial cost Brittany Higgins justice?” on my website here: https://kangaroocourtofaustralia.com/2023/08/20/did-senator-linda-reynolds-perjury-in-the-bruce-lehrmann-trial-cost-brittany-higgins-justice/ and I have a few questions for a follow up article and/or video.
Given Linda Reynolds has now admitted, in a News Corp article published on the15/8/23 and which quotes you Mr Bennett, being advised before the 1st of April 2019 meeting with Brittany Higgins that Brittany Higgins had complained that Bruce Lehrmann had been on top of her on the morning of the 23rd of March 2019 in Linda Reynolds office can you answer the following questions.
- Linda Reynolds gave evidence under oath during the 2022 Bruce Lehrmann trial that she had no knowledge about Bruce Lehrmann being on top of Brittany Higgins before the 1st of April 2019 meeting so can you advise when Linda Reynolds became aware that she had given false evidence to the ACT Supreme Court?
- Why did Linda Reynolds wait until Tuesday the 15th of August 2023 to correct the record via News Corp?
- Given Linda Reynolds has admitted perjuring herself in the ACT Supreme Court, about what she knew about the alleged rape before the 1st of April 2019 meeting, will she also correct the record of what she was told/discussed at the 1st of April 2019 meeting?
- Does Linda Reynolds still deny Brittany Higgins “told Senator Reynolds that Mr Lehrmann had sexually assaulted her” at the 1st of April 2019 meeting as highlighted by Walter Sofronoff at Page 132, paragraph 571 of the ACT Inquiry Report?
- Does Linda Reynolds still stand by her evidence under oath at the ACT Supreme Court “that Ms Higgins did not reveal that anything sexual had happened between herself and Mr Lehrmann” at the 1st of April 2019 meeting as highlighted by Walter Sofronoff at Page 132, paragraph 571 of the ACT Inquiry Report?
- Has Linda Reynolds also misled the Federal Parliament / Australian Senate on the issue of what she knew and when about the alleged rape?
- If Linda Reynolds has also misled the Federal Parliament / Australian Senate about the alleged rape, has she corrected the record with the Parliament / Australian Senate?
- Can you explain why Senator Linda Reynolds is only answering questions about the matter via her lawyer, as per last week’s News Corp article, given the court case was finalised in 2022?
- Can you confirm who is paying for Linda Reynolds legal bills to respond to the media for this matter?
Please respond by 5pm Tuesday the 22nd of August 2023 in case I have further questions and so I can publish.
End of email
On Wednesday the 23rd of August at 2:15pm I received an email from Linda Reynolds lawyers with the below attached letter:
Below is the picture used in the article Linda Reynolds has complained about:
Observations regarding the above legal letter
The public should be asking why is Senator Linda Reynolds only communicating with the media via her lawyers? That by itself is a scandal.
Senator Linda Reynold’s lawyer Martin Bennett fails to address any of the 9 questions I asked in my email to him which points to someone with plenty to hide.
The legal letter’s response above only complains about the first alleged perjury and addresses that by referring to the News Corp article that I quoted in my article. As I outline in the article, the first alleged perjury was published on Twitter by Glen Schaefer and then an hour later News Corp published an explanation for Linda Reynolds false evidence by quoting from her lawyers response.
But the letter from lawyer Martin Bennett above does not address the second allegation of perjury I outlined in my article when I said “The only reasonable conclusion is that Senator Linda Reynolds was also lying under oath regarding this issue as well which is a second perjury offence.”
The bottom line is Linda Reynold’s lawyer doesn’t address the 9 questions I asked in my email, he doesn’t address the second count of perjury at all and he says “Any further publication is at your peril”.
What should worry the public is we have a Senator who has been up to her neck in covering up an alleged rape in parliament house and she is now suing anyone and everyone to try and conceal it.
Linda Reynolds is suing Brittany Higgins for defamation and in a separate proceeding Reynolds is suing Higgins’ partner David Sharaz for defamation which is set for hearing in May 2024. Reynolds also settled a defamation case in April 2023 against “journalist Aaron Patrick and publisher HarperCollins over a book that the former minister alleged made defamatory statements about her response to Brittany Higgins’ allegations of rape.”
Update 24-8-23: I have published the below video on YouTube with an overview of the matter:
I spent 8 years defending myself against Kerry Stokes and his SLAPP lawsuits so a weak letter from some nickel and dime lawyer doesn’t concern me. But what it shows is how disgusting Australian politics has become because now Linda Reynolds is using SLAPP lawsuits to silence the public and media and maybe that will last years as well.
So, if Senator Reynolds wants to take it to court, I’ll stand and fight and we’ll help shine a light on the truth.
Please use Twitter, Facebook, email and the other buttons below and help promote this article.
Kangaroo Court of Australia is an independent website and is reliant on donations to keep publishing so please click on the Patreon button below and support independent journalism.
If you would like to support via PayPal use the button below or for other donation options click here to go to the Donations page.
Thank you for your support.
For the KCA t-shirt shop click here.
Categories: Senator Linda Reynolds