There can be no doubt that the Scott Morrison government is so corrupt that nothing they say can be believed and they are in the process of systematically destroying Australia for their own greed. That means after the May 2022 election, given Australia’s current political system where we really only have 2 choices, we need a Labor Party government.
But we do have a choice of whether it is a majority Labor Party government or a minority Labor Party government that is supported by independents who would have the balance of power like the 2010 to 2013 Julia Gillard government. As we know from the Prime Ministerships of Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard a Labor Party Prime Minister does not control the government, it is the faceless backroom players who have their own agenda to benefit themselves who are in control. And we can’t afford the risk of potentially having corruption stay at the level it currently is because we already have huge problems that need addressing urgently that Morrison is putting off for future governments to deal with.
The benefits of Independents having the balance of power
- The Labor Party will tell you how the Julia Gillard government was one of the most productive governments in a long time given the amount of legislation it passed. Based on an article and analysis by The Guardian that seems to be true. (Click here to read more) But what they don’t point out is that the Gillard government was a minority government and the reason they don’t point that out is that it supports the arguments that people should vote independent to make sure independents have the balance of power.
- Many people argue that “politicians are all just as corrupt as each other” and I would agree, except for independents, until the Morrison government came along and took corruption to a whole new level, and they are refusing to introduce a federal ICAC in an attempt to hide their corruption. Given Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard could have introduced a federal ICAC but never we should make sure all the independents who are promising a federal ICAC have the balance of power, so we not only get a federal ICAC but get one that is fit for purpose. There is no point having a Claytons ICAC that does nothing or very little.
- The Liberal and National Parties argued we shouldn’t vote for independents as we cannot afford a hung parliament which would give us a minority government. But as the independent for Kooyong Monique Ryan has pointed out we already have a minority government that relies on the support of the Nationals for power which is why Barnaby Joyce has so much influence on the government.
A little bit of Barnaby’s form was reported recently as per below:
Joyce quietly appointed Liberal fundraiser to plum board job in final days
Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce quietly appointed the head of a Liberal Party fundraising body to a plum job on a taxpayer-funded board in the 46th parliament’s final days amid a flurry of other government gigs handed out before Scott Morrison called the election.
Ryan Arrold, who chairs the Hume Forum, which raises funds for Energy Minister Angus Taylor and the Liberals, was made a non-executive director of the Australian Rail Track Corporation on March 30 — the day after the federal budget. (Click here to read more)
Update 13/5/22. I just published the below video on Youtube relevant to this article:
Anyone who disputes Liberal Party corruption and why we need a change should watch the below video by The Juice Media or just go through previous articles on this website.
Anthony Albanese seems like a decent person, but he failed badly to read the room and did an interview with Alan Jones on the 9th of May 2022 which he promoted on Twitter as per below. Why any politician would go anywhere near Jones is beyond me and Jones has always been seen by many as a liability for the Liberal and National Parties who he supports.
I published an article about Jones in 2015 titled “2GB’s Alan Jones sent love letters to a schoolboy. Why has he never been charged with grooming?” and an article in 2021 titled “Alleged paedophile Alan Jones settled defamation case with SBS after they filed a truth defence and Australian media covered it up”.
Many people were critical of Anthony Albanese for doing the interview with Alan Jones and made comments such as “Here Alan, have my credibility” and “Mistake AA. Mistake” and “I’m the guy who’s into both moderate left Labor politics and neonazi propagandists.” and “Just having a nice chat with the bloke who helped incite the Cronulla riots.” (Click here to see on Twitter)
Grace Tame tweeted:
What was interesting is that Grace Tame then came under attack from Labor Party trolls for criticising Anthony Albanese the same as she comes under attack from Liberal Party trolls when she has criticised Scott Morrison which says as far as trolls are concerned not much will change after the election no matter who wins the elections.
I tweeted the above 2 articles I mentioned above about Jones and his alleged paedophilia. I then commented on the Anthony Albanese tweet of his photo with Alan Jones as per below and received a response from “The Sage”
(Click here to see the above tweet on Twitter. I think it may be deleted soon)
My interpretation is “The Sage” is saying Anthony Albanese is reaching out to Alan Jones “to unify Australians”. And when he then says, “His supporters aren’t all pedophiles” The Sage is saying not all of Anthony Albanese’s supporters are “pedophiles” like Alan Jones so that is OK. And then The Sage says, “We may disagree with most of their beliefs, but somehow we need to live together and he must govern for all.” which I interpret as The Sage saying even though we don’t agree with “most of their beliefs” of the paedophiles “somehow we need to live together”. And Anthony Albanese must “govern for all” which includes paedophiles, so “The Sage” is saying it is OK for Albanese to meet publicly with a paedophile.
I don’t know who “The Sage” is but he is a disgrace and its shows that there are some Labor Party supporters who do not care about anything other than winning the election and they are happy to get down in the gutter to defend their leader Anthony Albanese. What is also concerning is that some of the supporters like that might have an influence on the government if the Labor Party win power which is further support of why we need Independents to have the balance of power.
While we can’t afford Scott Morrison anymore we can’t afford to put all our eggs in one basket with someone like Anthony Albanese who can’t read the room with someone like Alan Jones and who doesn’t control the Labor Party anyhow.
People quickly forget that in 2007 a lot of voters were sick of Prime Minister John Howard and had high hopes when Kevin Rudd was elected Prime Minister but that only lasted a few years before he was on the nose with voters and the Labor Party got rid of him. Let’s not make the same mistake again and make sure we vote in enough quality Independents to have the balance of power.
There are numerous independents in the above picture but a few others are:
- Penny Ackery is running against Angus Taylor in the NSW seat of Hume (Click here to see her website) (Click here to see the article and video I published on the seat of Hume)
- Nicolette Boele is running against Paul Fletcher in the NSW seat of Bradfield (Click here to see her website)
- Suzie Holt is running against Garth Hamilton in the Qld seat of Groom (Click here to see her website)
It’s not too late to volunteer to help the independents and I’m sure they would be happy if you give them a call and volunteered on election day at the booths handing out how to vote cards which is very important to help them get as many votes as possible. In fact, as I was finishing this article, Independent candidate for Kooyong Dr Monique Ryan Tweeted asking for volunteers for election day (Click here to see) If you know more independents, please add them to the comments section below.
The starting point for any discussion about Australian politics should always be that we have a choice between 2 organised crime families, the Liberal / National Parties or the Labor Party which is the reality of the situation. If you know and understand that you won’t have a hesitation in voting for an independent.
Please use Twitter, Facebook, email and the other buttons below and help promote this article.
Kangaroo Court of Australia is an independent website and is reliant on donations to keep publishing so please click on the Patreon button below and support independent journalism.
If you would like to support via PayPal use the button below or for other donation options click here to go to the Donations page.
Thank you for your support.
For the KCA t-shirt shop click here.