Rupert Murdoch’s companies are set to be sued out of existence after Rupert gave evidence under oath that Fox News commentators knowingly lied to their audience about the 2020 presidential election being stolen from Donald Trump and Rupert said he could have stopped the lies but didn’t.
This evidence was released in the US (27/2/2023) in a redacted court filing by Dominion Voting Systems in their $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox Corp and Fox News. (Click here to read Dominion’s redacted filing)
Rupert Murdoch’s business model has always been to tell lies about companies and people for profit but Rupert’s admissions could, and almost certainly will be, used by literally thousands of people to sue Rupert Murdoch, Lachlan Murdoch and their companies.
Election technology business Smartmatic is also suing Fox News for $2.4 billion which brings the current total of lawsuits against Fox Corp to $4 billion.
Some have argued that because Fox is successful it has “a licence to print money” and can handle the lawsuits. I disagree and my guess, with the reasoning outlined below, is the total amount parent company Fox Corp and Fox News will be sued for in the coming months and years will likely exceed $30 billion US dollars.
For people questioning the $30 billion estimate it’s worth noting that “Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones filed for bankruptcy after he and the parent of his Infowars website were ordered to pay about $1.5 billion for spreading lies about the 2012 Sandy Hook mass shooting.” (Click here to read more)
The verdict came in a defamation lawsuit filed by some of the families of 26 people who were killed in the 2012 shooting, plus an FBI agent who was among the first responders. A Texas jury in August awarded nearly $50 million to the parents of another slain child. (Click here to read more)
Alex Jones was sued by the families of the families of the 26 people killed at Sandy Hook which led to a $1.5 billion judgment against him so if it turns out that hundreds if not thousands sue Murdoch’s companies Fox Corp, Fox News and News Corp then $30 billion is a reasonable estimate.
The lawsuits in the US could also quickly spill to Murdoch’s News Corp in the US, which owns the Wall Street Journal and other assets, and the UK and Australia where News Corp has substantial operations. Murdoch’s Australian newspapers and Sky News Australia work under the same business model that Murdoch uses at Fox News which is telling lies about people and companies for profit.
Below is a video overview of this matter: (Click anywhere on the below picture to watch the video)
Below is a list of people who could likely sue Murdoch’s companies given his evidence in the Dominion defamation case.
Likely Future lawsuits against Fox Corp and News Corp
Fox News hosts helped promote the lie that the election was rigged when they knew it wasn’t rigged which Rupert Murdoch has admitted. The promotion of that lie is what led to the January 6 United States Capitol attack. US media are reporting that Rupert Murdoch’s admissions leave Fox News open to being sued by anyone who was impacted by the promotion of that lie.
Some of those people are listed below:
- Shareholders: The evidence has revealed that Republican former US House Speaker Paul Ryan, who is a director of Fox Corp, had implored Murdoch to “move on from Donald Trump and stop spouting election lies”. Given Murdoch didn’t take that advice then shareholders could argue that any payout to Dominion, Smartmatic and possibly others is the fault of the Director’s negligence.
- Politicians, staff, Police officers etc who were at the January 6, 2021, White House capital attack could sue for any physical or physiological injuries from that day. Politicians and their staff alone would total thousands and that could be $10 to $20 billion in a class action.
- Many people were injured, including 138 police officers. Four officers who responded to the attack died by suicide within seven months. (Click here to read more) If the 138 police officers sued and the families of the 4 who committed suicide sued then their total amount sued could be $10 billion or more using the $1.5 billion Alex Jones judgment as a guide.
- More than 2,000 rioters entered the White House building and its been suggested as per the above video that they could also sue Fox News for telling them lies that led them to participate in the Capital attack.
- Class action from Fox viewers: A lawyer representing Fox viewers could file a class action lawsuit against Fox for purposely spreading lies and disinformation.
- The list of people who might sue Fox and/or News Corp using Rupert Murdoch’s admissions under oath is endless. Murdoch’s propaganda media has defamed many companies and people for decades around the world.
America is the lawsuit capital of the world and I think lawsuits will come thick and fast against the Murdochs and their companies after Rupert’s admissions. I think just the 6 groups of people I have listed above should hit the $30 billion mark in lawsuits being initiated over the next 6 to 12 months.
The new lawsuits against Fox Corp and Fox News will play out in courts for years the same as the News Corp hacking court cases in the UK are still going now even though it has been over ten years since the hacking was exposed.
While Murdoch and Fox News claim they have a defence for the defamation cases I doubt after Rupert Murdoch’s admissions to knowingly promoting the lie of the stolen election they would have a defence for civil claims for compensation.
Possible criminal charges for Rupert Murdoch – failing to declare support for the republicans.
The Dominion defamation case also revealed that Murdoch uses his media to help the Republicans, as per the below filing extract, which raises the question of if Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch broke the law by failing to declare it as free advertising being donated to the Republican Party.
Dominion filing extract:
On the night of the election and the days following, both Rupert and Lachlan played an active role in FNN’s coverage. Lachlan monitored how FNN handled reporting on the election, including how FNN would report the final call for Biden. Ex.130, L.Murdoch 97:11-98:6. He likewise discussed with Scott whether to pull Fox’s controversial call for Arizona after it was made. Ex.602.
During Trump’s campaign, Rupert provided Trump’s son-in-law and senior advisor, Jared Kushner, with Fox confidential information about Biden’s ads, along with debate strategy. Ex.600, R.Murdoch 210:6-9; 213:17-20; Ex.603 (providing Kushner a preview of Biden’s ads before they were public). (From page 12 of filing and page 27 of PDF – Click here to read more)
I have previously spoken about the Dominion and Smartmatic defamation cases against Fox leading to more companies suing Fox and US media are already talking about this new evidence (Murdoch’s big mouth) leading to other lawsuits against Fox News so the horse has already bolted for the Murdochs.
We could be watching the beginning of the end of Murdoch’s Fox Corp, Fox News and News Corp so I’ll keep following up on the story and publish another video and/or article on the matter soon.
Please use Twitter, Facebook, email and the other buttons below and help promote this article.
Kangaroo Court of Australia is an independent website and is reliant on donations to keep publishing so please click on the Patreon button below and support independent journalism.
If you would like to support via PayPal use the button below or for other donation options click here to go to the Donations page.
Thank you for your support.
For the KCA t-shirt shop click here.