Australian journalist / Political Prisoner Shane Dowling released from jail

I was released from jail on Friday the 21st of December 2018. I’ll write about the experience in the new year. The worst thing about jail is the boredom. One of the positives is that judicial corruption will now be the foundation of my application for special leave to appeal to the High Court of Australia.

The NSW Court of Appeal published their judgement on Friday (21/12/18) where I won on severity of sentence and had it reduced from 18 months (with a non-parole period of 13 months) to 4 months fixed. But I lost on the conviction part of the appeal and will take that to the High Court. (Click here to read the judgement) I have only had quick look at the judgement and will do a full post on it in the next few weeks.

Overall I think this has been a very good year for the website and its supporters.

While I was in jail the Court of Appeal published its judgement on the Capilano Honey v Shane Dowling suppression order matter and Capilano Honey lost and lost badly. Capilano’s lawyers were smashed in the judgement and what I have previously written has been justified to a large degree although it is not a final judgement on the matter. Once again I’ll do an article on it in the next few weeks. (Click here to read the judgement)

The attacks on me by the judiciary have not strengthened their position but dramatically weakened them. Standing your ground and rolling with the punches is very important in winning a battle but I also intend on going on the foot a lot more next year. But more on that when it happens.

Things will be back on track fast as this is the second stint I have done for contempt and I prepared better this time.

I would like to thank all the people who supported me while I was in jail promoting and sharing the articles that I had been jailed. This without a doubt helped a lot.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Please use the Twitter, Facebook and email etc. buttons below and help promote this post.

Kangaroo Court of Australia is an independent website and is reliant on donations to keep publishing. If you would like to support the continuance of this site, please click on the button below to donate via PayPal or go to the donations page for other donation options. (Click here to go to the Donations page)

Thank you for your support.

Tags: ,

32 Comments on “Australian journalist / Political Prisoner Shane Dowling released from jail”

1. jota668 December 23, 2018 at 12:13 am #

Congratulations on your release. Looking forward to you taking the corrupt bastards to the cleaners in the new year

• Leong Ng December 23, 2018 at 2:01 pm #

Congratulations too and it will further spur the public. Whist you were in the Federal Govt announced the formation of a Commonwealth Integrity Commissions – open for public submissions till 1 Feb 2019. I am sure you will want to submit!

• Susan Sasson December 30, 2018 at 3:41 pm #

Soooooo happy to hear you are free Shane, thank you for fighting the evil corruption that has been imbedded into Australia ! I believe you will gain much more support when people read this, a lot have no idea about it. We MUST get the word out !.

2. Karma Two December 23, 2018 at 1:17 am #

I hope you have a merry Christmas Shane. I look forward to seeing you achieve justice next year.

3. Joan December 23, 2018 at 5:13 am #

Best wishes for a happy Christmas and a successful year holding the corrupt accountable. A hard task indeed, when they all protect each other and you are powerless against the ‘circling the wagons’.

4. sueanne December 23, 2018 at 6:26 am #

It’s very sad, but the older I get the sadder I become at the judicary system in my country, and indeed around the world. Victims seem to be punished more and more and criminals walk free on technicalities or useless judging. My heart goes out to you Shane.

5. Blackswan December 23, 2018 at 7:23 am #

So good to hear you’ve won your freedom Shane, and even better to know you’ve come out swinging. As the old-timers used to say … “You can take the dog out of the fight, but you can’t take the fight out of the dog.”

The political and judicial corruption you’ve exposed over the years is nothing short of Organised Crime and we are all shamed by it. And yes, you were certainly a ‘political prisoner’ and though I’m sure boredom can be crushing, it gave you a lot of thinking time to hone your skills and plan your next moves.

I wish you every success in those endeavours.

A Happy and safe Christmas to you and yours, and we look forward to 2019 in the Kangaroo Court and what you will undoubtedly achieve.

6. Allan Moore December 23, 2018 at 7:47 am #

Good to see you back, let’s hope you can nail some of these bastards.

7. guggzie2013 December 23, 2018 at 8:37 am #

You are actually doing a remarkable job, Shane, especially as a lone vigilante against the monolithic, self-preservation, entity of the legal profession. The vast majority of them hate anyone outside of their anointed profession who gets the whiff of a win, What we need in Australia is a genuine “Yellow Vests” movement to really stamp out the corruption and vested interests in the legal profession, and the political system as well.

8. johnwb2013 December 23, 2018 at 9:22 am #

Myself and my team are happy to assist in your appeal if you ask

• Peter December 23, 2018 at 12:24 pm #

As in any profession, there are a few good men in each, John. As you’d be aware, respect is only valuable if earned. That offer is a good start.

9. Vasant Wagh December 23, 2018 at 9:49 am #

I am glad that you are out and have no plans to slow down Shane. Fight for justice has to continue and good luck for that. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy and successful New Year.

10. hillbilly33 December 23, 2018 at 10:33 am #

Congratulations on your release Shane and for “staying the course” against great odds. We have had our differences, but I do not forget that you were the first to release many of us from the frustration of not having a platform and a voice to air our views and have the opportunity to counter the garbage we were being force-fed by the ABC and MSM.

May you have a very Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year and continued success in fighting the endemic corruption, and apparent acceptance of it by the general public as “the norm”, which clouds Australia’s future.

Cheers H/B

11. Ross Cameron December 23, 2018 at 10:41 am #

All the Best for Xmas and the New Year, Shane and supporters. This country is going through an on-going change and we could eventually prevail. Don`t know about the High Court. Didn`t deliver Liam Magill any justice.

12. Les Kelly, Launceston, Tasmania. December 23, 2018 at 11:31 am #

Good to see that you haven’t buckled to intimidation Shane. So often our mongrel justice system aims for the soft target – the fear most of us have of going to prison. The stand you took was truly courageous and I take my hat off to you.
    I remember stories were recently carried by ABC Online News about imported contaminated honey being sold here in Australia – but your injustice goes much, much further than that.
    Best wishes for the future.

13. Sue Dunne December 23, 2018 at 11:44 am #

Shane this was an appalling injustice.I hope for better times in 2019.

14. Jaap Poll December 23, 2018 at 12:04 pm #

Jaap – Welcome back Shane – you are a brave man! You spoke about boredom – surely they allow you access to the internet for research and books to read? I hope that you were not exposed to nasties and made friends while there (if that is possible in such environment. Happy Christmas.

15. Peter December 23, 2018 at 12:30 pm #

Good to hear you’re out Shane. Prison, like anything, is neither good or bad, but thinking makes it so, to paraphrase Shakespeare. Surprisingly, considered in the right light, it’s all good.

16. Rodney Jackson December 23, 2018 at 2:17 pm #

Great to see you back on deck Shane, I hope you are able to expose further, these criminals who hide behind their wigs and gowns. All the best for Christmas and the new year.

17. colin December 23, 2018 at 8:00 pm #

Yes Welcome back !!! They cannot keep a good man down and we will be interested in hearing of your further comments on Capilano Honey in your future comments . We have completed stopped buying any of those products and gone fully local.

18. Dan Diver December 23, 2018 at 10:00 pm #

Congratulations Shane…I followed you closely throughout your ordeal. I was at the sentencing hearing this year and watched you marched downstairs from the court room on your way to jail.
    Have a peaceful Christmas…

19. Vinny December 24, 2018 at 7:10 pm #

Congratulations Shane, welcome back. Every time you get a small win it shows how corrupt the system is. Keep chipping away and that huge rock of injustice will become a pebble and finally a grain of sand. Happy Christmas.

20. Pixie Seymour December 25, 2018 at 4:30 am #

Thank you so very much for standing and showing us all what a real Man looks like… One who sees corruption and keeps fighting against it regardless of the consequences. If we all did that we’d soon be living in a far safer and more peaceful society.

I hope you get a much earned rest in warm, loving arms and enjoy the peace that comes from knowing the judiciary has shut for holidays 🙂

21. JMB December 25, 2018 at 10:43 pm #

Great to have you back. Merry Christmas!

22. Bob Kernohan December 27, 2018 at 9:04 pm #

So glad to hear this news Shane. You are an inspiration. Words are easy for most who ‘believe’ they are suffering, or have suffered a terrible injustice. A belated merry Christmas and an even better 2019.

23. DT December 28, 2018 at 7:37 am #

Best wishes for a New Year full of success, satisfaction, good health and happiness.

24. melbaver December 29, 2018 at 10:44 pm #

Shane I am pleased that you have emerged from a totally unjustified incarceration. The 7 network, its heads and its lawyers still need to be taken down though, you have proven their corruption, they have yet to be punished for it.

As for the judiciary, well you are a far more eloquent and knowledgeable person than I.

You have a lot of supporters here, and rather than adopt the Sysyphian task of taking on all and sundry, maybe you should recruit some of us to pass on some of your messages.

Attack you at will, they can…….but attack all of us……..tell ’em they’re dreaming.

All the very best for what should be an interesting New Year, you know your supporters have got your back!!!

• Peter December 30, 2018 at 11:48 am #

Good idea Melbaver. Excellent idea… United we stand…

• Shane Dowling December 30, 2018 at 2:08 pm #

Everyone has been recruited to pass on the messages. That is why I always put at the end of the articles “Please use the Twitter, Facebook and email etc. buttons below and help promote this post.”

25. JR December 30, 2018 at 8:41 am #

You’re giving it a ding-dong go, Shane and it sounds as if 2019 is going to see you up and at’m in a continuing crusade against the profoundly corrupt ‘wigs’ and ‘muppets’. It’s a hard and difficult road, Shane and in the end I look forward to seeing the bastards bleed for their greed and mindless indiscretions.

Best for 2019, JR

26. Justice Of The Peace January 1, 2019 at 11:02 am #

Thanks Shane, good to know your out and exemplary of the corrupt system in which we all live.

27. Hugh Dickson January 2, 2019 at 8:26 am #

You are an inspiration, Shane. It’s good to hear your voice again.