John Barilaro, who resigned as Deputy Premier of NSW on the 4th of October 2021 and denied under oath at the NSW ICAC on the 25th of October that he had any “intimate personal relationships” (affairs) while he was a NSW MP, was reported in the media on Friday as now being in a relationship with his former staffer Jennifer Lugsdin. A leaked letter from the NSW ICAC, as per below, also shows ICAC received evidence that John Barilaro perjured himself 2 days after he was on the witness stand at ICAC.
I will put all the evidence that John Barilaro perjured himself in order below and you can decide for yourself. But keep two things in mind when looking at the evidence. Firstly, based on the letter below NSW ICAC have further evidence and secondly, based on what is below what I reported on the 26th of October is relevant as Gladys Berejiklian is well aware of John Barilaro’s rumoured affairs and she is likely to detail the alleged affairs in her submissions to the NSW ICAC which are due over the next few weeks.
Evidence John Barilaro perjured himself at the NSW ICAC on the 25th of October 2021 when he denied having intimate personal relationships (affairs) while he was an MP
- On the 4th of October 2021 John Barilaro resigned as NSW Deputy Premier and on the 5th of October I published an article titled “The real reasons NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro resigned: Fraud, theft, abuse of power and numerous alleged affairs”. (Click here to read the article)
- On the 25th of October John Barilaro gave evidence at the NSW ICAC regarding their investigation into former NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian. I published an article on the 26th of October titled “Gladys Berejiklian’s barrister flags going the nuclear option and start naming all NSW politicians who have had undeclared “intimate personal relationships”. (Click here to read the article)
- On the 27th of October a person sent a complaint to the NSW ICAC with evidence that John Barilaro had perjured himself when he gave evidence on the 25th of October at ICAC.
- On the 1st of December 2021 the NSW ICAC responded with a letter to the compliant which is below.
- On the 11th of December The Sydney Telegraph published an article titled “Barilaro looks set for cosy Christmas with new love” naming Barilaro’s former media advisor Jennifer Lugsdin as his new partner. (The article is behind a paywall. Click here to read the article) Barilaro announced he had separated from his wife a few weeks ago.
Below is a video of John Barilaro being cross examined by Gladys Berejiklian’s barrister Sophie Callan, SC about the “intimate personal relationships” and the alleged perjury and further information. Below the video is the NSW ICAC responding to the letter alleging perjury.
ICAC response to the letter alleging purjury by John Barilaro
Above is a huge crack in the dam wall that John Barilaro has protecting himself. It will be interesting what the NSW ICAC have to say in relation to the evidence John Barilaro gave from the witness stand when the NSW ICAC publish their report into their investigation into former NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian. It is not uncommon for ICAC reports to comment on the credibility of witnesses and witnesses who perjure themselves can face criminal charges.
Please use Twitter, Facebook, email and the other buttons below and help promote this article.
Kangaroo Court of Australia is an independent website and is reliant on donations to keep publishing. If you would like to support the continuance of this website, please click on the button below to donate via PayPal or go to the donations page for other donation options. (Click here to go to the Donations page)
Thank you for your support.
Follow Kangaroo Court of Australia for free and be notified via email immediately there is a new article posted
Enter your email address below and click on the follow button. You can unfollow at any time.