Alan Jones has refused to deny having sex with schoolboys in a detailed list of 30 questions as per the below email that I sent to him via his lawyers regarding his defamation case against the SBS and presenter Alex Lee with Jones claiming one of the alleged imputations was that “Mr Jones was a paedophile”.
I emailed Alan Jones’ lawyers again today (7/12/20) and asked them to answer the questions I sent them and again they have not responded as per the below email.
Alan Jones is in a lot of trouble and has either been poorly advised legally or has ignored the advice he has received which I outlined in my article in October titled “Alan Jones sues SBS for defamation for implying he is a paedophile, racist and liar. So where’s the defamation?“
SBS filed their defence on Wednesday (2/11/20) and they clearly plan on fighting hard for what is right. It has been reported:
SBS has just filed its defence, denying the meanings claimed by Jones’ lawyers and pleading honest opinion; a truth defence; that other meanings in the broadcast which were more damaging to Jones are true; and finally that Jones’ reputation is so bad he couldn’t be damaged by SBS’ broadcast.
This last category offers most fireworks. How do you show a reputation is too bad to defame? SBS’ lawyers will be trawling through almost every aspect of Jones’ career.
That’s before SBS details what it describes as romantic letters he wrote to two schoolboys while a high school teacher in the 1970s. (Click here to read more. It’s behind The Financial Review paywall)
Below is the email I sent to Alan Jones’ lawyers today (7/12/20)
From: SHANE DOWLING
Sent: 07 December 2020 13:08
To: ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ ‘email@example.com’ ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ ‘email@example.com’
Cc: ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ Monique Cowden <email@example.com>; ‘Richard Keegan’ <firstname.lastname@example.org>; ‘email@example.com’ ‘Martin O’Connor’ <Martin.OConnor@addisons.com>; ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
Subject: Alan Jones v SBS – media questions
Dear Mr Dale, Mr Jefferies, Ms Chrysanthou and Mr Smark
I will be publishing another article regarding Alan Jones’s defamation case against the SBS with the working title “Alan Jones refuses to deny having sex with schoolboys when he was a teacher in defamation case against the SBS”.
Could you please respond to the questions below that I sent you on the 16th of October 2020 by 6pm today or make any comment that you wish.
Below is the email that I sent Alan Jones lawyers on the 16th of October 2020:
From: SHANE DOWLING
Sent: 16 October 2020 12:56
To: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; Monique Cowden <email@example.com>; Richard Keegan <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com; Martin O’Connor <Martin.OConnor@addisons.com>
Subject: Alan Jones – media questions – Kangaroo Court of Australia
Dear Mr Jefferies, Ms Chrysanthou and Mr Smark
I have some questions for an article I am writing about Alan Jones and his defamation lawsuit against the SBS and SBS presenter Alex Lee.
- Can you confirm that Alan Jones threatened the ABC and former ABC journalist Chris Masters in 2005/2006 not to publish the book “Jonestown”?
- Can you confirm why Alan Jones never sued for defamation after the book “Jonestown” was published in 2006 by another publisher after the ABC refused to publish it after the threat?
- Can you confirm the following extract in the book “Jonestown” as published by the SMH on the 21st October 2006 as being true and correct:
Jonestown: The Power and The Myth of Alan Jones – Author: Investigative journalist Chris Masters
Extract as written in the SMH regarding Alan Jones time teaching at The King’s School 1970-73:
“By 1973 Alan’s impassioned support of some and lack of empathy for others became too great an issue to be ignored. There was deepening anxiety about continued late-night excursions to Jones’s room. Chris Simkin was often in the room with Alan until late at night. “I was in there for hours. The door was never locked.” Simkin says they used to watch The Ernie Sigley Show on television.”
“Scott Walker, another constant visitor, began to feel violated. “If you had muscle strain he would insist on strapping your legs. He would take you into the shower and tell you to take your clothes off. I was shattered with awkwardness. It was weird and uncomfortable and seemed voyeuristic.”
“Housemate Brian Porter says: “I never saw a breach of fiduciary duty. I never saw evidence of predatory behaviour. But he was manipulative and voyeuristic. He would love watching athletes on television and film. He saw the beauty of the human form in full flight. He loved the strength, the freshness and the vitality of boys.”
“Disquiet about Jones’s attachment to some boys grew during a term break when one of the masters found a letter, written by Jones to a boy, that had been left behind in a classroom desk. In it Alan spoke of thinking about the boy late at night, expressing his love. While love letters to boys were hardly appropriate, neither were they regarded as smoking-gun evidence of misbehaviour.”
- Can you confirm that Alan Jones sent a love letter to a schoolboy as written by Chris Masters in the book Jonestown?
- If Alan Jones denies sending a love letter to a schoolboy as stated in Jonestown and on the SMH website then can you explain why Allan Jones never sued Chris Masters, the publisher of Jonestown or the SMH?
The “2GB’s Alan Jones sent love letters to a schoolboy. Why has he never been charged with grooming?” article
- On the 31st May 2015 I published an article titled “2GB’s Alan Jones sent love letters to a schoolboy. Why has he never been charged with grooming?” on my website Kangaroo Court of Australia. Can you explain why Alan Jones has never complained about the article given he is suing the SBS and Alex Lee for saying he sent a love letter to a schoolboy?
- Does Alan Jones agree that if a teacher sent a love letter to a schoolboy that the teacher would be charged with grooming?
- In the same article I said:
It is well-known that you can buy Alan Jones opinion, it’s just a matter of how much. That was revealed in the cash for comment scandal is 1999 which was “paid advertising in radio that is presented to the audience in such a way as to sound like editorial commentary”.
“John Laws and Alan Jones had been paid to give favourable comment to companies including Qantas, Optus, Foxtel, Mirvac and major Australian banks, without disclosing this arrangement to listeners.” (Click here to read more) Both Richo & Jones had their snouts in the trough for the Cash for Comment scandal as it turned out. So they go way back when it comes to corruption.
Why has Alan Jones never complained about my article given he is suing the SBS and Alex Lee for saying he took money from companies to promote their products on air?
- Can you confirm that Allan Jones was forced to resign as a teacher at The Kings School in Sydney in 1973? If yes, can you explain why?
- Is Alan Jones still good friends with known paedophile protector and former crown prosecutor Margaret Cunneen as I wrote in the article?
- Is Alan Jones still good friends with convicted murderers and drug dealers Roger Rogerson and Glen McNamara as I wrote in the article?
The “Alan Jones is under investigation by NSW Police for statutory rape of boys in the 1980’s” article
- On the 25th of June 2016, I published an article titled “Alan Jones is under investigation by NSW Police for statutory rape of boys in the 1980’s”. Why has Alan Jones never complained about that article?
- The article started off: “Fairfax Media’s 2GB radio host Alan Jones is under investigation by the NSW Police for the statutory rape of underage boys in the 1980’s. I have raised the issue with Fairfax Media, the ABC Board and the Prime Minister’s office and I am still awaiting responses.” Is Alan Jones aware that I raised the issue with his employer and others?
- Given I raised the issue with Alan Jones employer and published the email as per below why didn’t Alan Jones or his employer respond to the email?
From: SHANE DOWLING
Sent: Friday, 24 June 2016 2:10 PM
To: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Alan Jones being investigated by NSW Police for statutory rape of schoolboys in the 1980’s – media request
Dear Mr Hywood, Ms Hambly and Mr Hatch
I am a journalist and publish a website and have some questions for an article that I will publish on Saturday 25th June 2016 so I would be grateful if you could answer the questions today. The questions relate to Alan Jones who works for Fairfax Media as a radio announcer on Fairfax’s 2gb radio station.
- Are you aware that the NSW Police are currently investigating Alan Jones, Fairfax Media and 2gb radio announcer, for statutory rape of schoolboys in the 1980’s?
- Are you aware that Alan Jones is a known paedophile who groomed schoolboys when he was a teacher at The King’s School in Parramatta Sydney in the 1970’s?
- Are you aware that documented evidence against Alan Jones for child grooming is well-known and freely available in the book Jonestown (2006) with extracts detailing the child grooming easily accessible on the internet including on Fairfax Media’s websites?
- Are you aware that the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse is currently investigating abuse at The King’s School which includes the time when Alan Jones was a teacher there?
- Are you aware that Alan Jones is good friends with corrupt former police officers Roger Rogerson and Glen McNamara who have both recently been convicted of the death of Jamie Gao?
- Given the uncontested evidence and allegations against Alan Jones do you plan on sacking Alan Jones or at the very least standing him down from further duties until the NSW Police and Royal Commission have completed their investigations?
Can you please respond ASAP so I can publish your response in my article.
- Can Alan Jones advise whether or not he is aware if the NSW police or any other law enforcement agency has ever received complaints about him and if so what for?
- Is Alan Jones aware of any current complaints against him with the NSW police?
- Can Alan Jones confirm that he was charged in England in 1988 for “outraging public decency” and ‘committing an indecent act’ with another man as reported in the media? Can Alan Jones confirm how old the man was and what was he doing with Alan that led to the charge?
The “Alan Jones is back grooming young male students for his sexual pleasure” article
- On the 12th of February 2020, I published an article titled “Alan Jones is back grooming young male students for his sexual pleasure” which was based on an article published in the SMH. Can you explain why Alan Jones has never complained about my article or the SMH article?
The “Alan Jones’s 22-year-old boyfriend Jake Thrupp sends a legal threat to journalist” article
- On the 19th of February 2020 a lawyer named Anthony Jefferies from the law firm Gillis Delaney Lawyers acting for Jake Thrupp and his parents, Chantrel and Janson Thrupp, sent me a legal threat, which I didn’t receive for a few weeks, and I published an article on 18 March titled “Alan Jones’s 22-year-old boyfriend Jake Thrupp sends a legal threat to journalist”. Can you advise if Alan Jones paid for the legal threat given it is the same law firm being used by Alan Jones to sue the SBS and Alex Lee?
- Did Alan Jones ever have any sexual relationships with schoolboys when he was a teacher?
- Did Alan Jones ever have any sexual relationships with players when he was a Rugby Union coach or administrator?
- Did Alan Jones ever have any sexual relationships with players when he was a Rugby League coach or administrator?
- Has Alan Jones ever visited “The Wall” in Darlinghurst and pick up male prostitutes?
- Has Alan Jones ever visited male brothels in Sydney or anywhere else?
- I have written numerous other articles about Alan Jones such as “Paedophile Alan Jones took bribes off Qantas now he accuses Qantas CEO Alan Joyce of taking bribes off the Wagner family” on the 19th of May 2018 and “Alan Jones, the Jimmy Savile / Rolf Harris of Australian media” on the 19th of March 2016. Why has Alan Jones never complained about those articles and others I have written about him?
- Can Alan Jones confirm he is good friends with George Pell and recently had lunch with him? Is Alan Jones aware that George Pell has had adverse findings made against him by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse?
- How many court cases has Alan Jones lost for defamation and how much in total has he and/or his employer had to pay in compensation?
- How many times has the media regulators made findings against Alan Jones?
- How many times has the Australian Human Rights Commissions made findings against Alan Jones?
- Does Alan Jones agree that his reputation is so putrid by what comes out of his mouth that he can’t possibly be defamed by anyone else?
Can you please respond by 5pm today in case I have further questions and so I can publish.
Kangaroo Court of Australia
As I said in my previous article on this matter: “The problem for Jones at least in relation to the paedophile allegation is that he has now admitted that an adult sending a love letter to a schoolboy could be viewed that the adult sending it is a paedophile. So now Jones has to explain why he has not sued others such as Chris Masters, the SMH and myself for saying the same thing which I put to Jones’s lawyers today in the 30 questions” (Click here to read more)
While quite a few news sites reported in October that Jones had sued the SBS for defamation only the Financial Review and one small website have reported the SBS filing their defence and they both failed to use the word “paedophile” even though it is part of Jones’s claim. That’s what you call censoring in the media by the media.
If the matter goes to final hearing I wonder if any of Jones’s victims from The King’s School and other places will come forward. Jones is playing a dangerous game that will almost certainly backfire in a major way. They are back in court on the 15th December 2020 for a directions hearing.
Declaration: One of Jones’s barristers, Kieran Smark SC, is mentioned in my new book “Australia’s Paedophile Protection Racket” numerous times where I accuse him of criminal conduct and he even gets his picture in the book which he already knows about. I am also up against Mr Smark in the Seven v Dowling matter.
Please use Twitter, Facebook, email and the other buttons below and help promote this article.
Kangaroo Court of Australia is an independent website and is reliant on donations to keep publishing so please click on the Patreon button below and support independent journalism.
If you would like to support via PayPal use the button below or for other donation options click here to go to the Donations page.
Thank you for your support.
For the KCA t-shirt shop click here.