NSW Chief Justice Tom Bathurst instituted contempt of court proceedings against me for accusing him of corruption in court on Friday the 3rd of February 2017. The corruption is being a bribe-taker and paedophile which I have previously written on my website. Chief Justice Bathurst has used taxpayer funds and taken out a suppression order to conceal who has charged me with contempt and to conceal the fact that they are trying to hide the very serious allegations.
I taped the proceedings on Friday, which is below, for my own safety given previous threats and intimidation in court by the judicial officers and others including Registrar Rebel Kenna and a Court Sheriff in 2015. (Click here to read more)
It is a classic case of trying to bastardise, bully and intimidate a whistleblower especially given the allegations have been on my website for a long time which they are well aware of and the fact that I have put them on notice that I will be making a complaint to the relevant authorities.
Justice Clifton Hoeben, Chief Judge at Common Law and Registrar Christopher Bradford are the 2 other applicants in the matter. Chief Justice Bathurst is prosecuting his own case in his own court and doesn’t want anyone to know.
These are the same allegations that I have made against Chief Justice Bathurst over the last few years on my website and allegations that I have emailed directly to Chief Justice Bathurst and the other Supreme Court judges for a response before I published. (Click here to read more) Chief Justice Bathurst has never sued me for defamation nor have any of the other judges because they would have to do it in their own name and be exposed to the media.
In court Friday 3/2/2017
I was in court Friday for the frivolous defamation case by Jane Doe 1 and Jane Doe 2 and they have filed 2 notices to have my defence struck out and have me charged with contempt which is separate to the contempt charge that Chief Justice Bathurst has instigated.
The matter was before Registrar Bradford and after an argument was transferred to the duty judge. I gave Bradford a mouthful and he said he would take it further which he has along with Chief Justice Bathurst and Justice Hoeben who I also named as per the video below. Bathurst is the Chief Justice and he is the one who controls the court and he is the ultimate decision-maker.
Chief Justice Bathurst has instituted proceedings via the Jane Doe 1 and Jane Doe 2 defamation case against me which is being run by Kerry Stokes’ Seven West Media. Bathurst’s name or the other applicant’s names do not appear on the paperwork anywhere and with the suppression order I am not meant to tell anyone.
What Chief Justice Tom Bathurst has done is sneaky, dodgy and corrupt as it gets.
I have written a lot of articles on judicial corruption and a couple that support the key allegations are raised below.
In 2015 Fairfax Media and the ABC’s Four Corners reported that the Mafia had bribed NSW judges $2.2 million. Nothing has ever been done and Tom Bathurst who is the head judge for NSW never said anything although Justice David Davies shot off his mouth in court and confirmed it when I was there. (Click here to read more)
Paedophiles in the judiciary
On the 8th of September 2016, I wrote an article titled “Paedophile priest gets 3 months jail for raping 3 boys by NSW Supreme Court’s Justice Hoeben” and said:
Father Robert Flaherty
In February 2016 Father Flaherty was jailed for 2 years and 3 weeks with a non-parole period of 6 months by the NSW District Court’s Judge Richard Cogswell, SC for sexually abusing 3 boys. (Click here to read more)
The church had allowed Father Flaherty to move from parish to parish even though they knew he had abused boys.
As you would expect the prosecution appealed because the sentence was a joke. The appeal was heard in the NSW Court of Criminal Appeal by Justice Hoeben, Justice Price and Justice Simpson with Hoeben being the senior judge. What did they do? They decreased the sentence to 2 years with an non-parole period of 3 months. (Click here to read the article)
This is relevant in regards to what I said about Justice Hoeben in court last Friday. It is also relevant because I published the article on the 8/9/16 and emailed the judges and Registrar Bradford and the next day I was in court, 9/9/16, which is the first video below.
This has happened at the same time that Australia is spending billions on a Royal Commission into Child Sex Abuse that will end up costing billions trying to fix the damage done to many lives:
“The royal commission estimated the total cost of redress for 60,000 abuse survivors, including administration costs, at $4.3 billion“ (Click here to read more)
Justice Heoben and the others including Chief Justice Bathurst who heads the court should be made to front the Royal Commission and explain themselves. While Bathurst is there he might want to tell everyone why the NSW Judicial Commission, which he is President, is protecting paedophile judge Garry Neilson?
The first video was filmed in court on the 9th of September 2016. I asked Registrar Bradford to transfer the matter to the duty judge given that I have written on my website that he is a bribe-taker and suspected paedophile. He refused.
Video 1 – I have also published the below 2 videos on YouTube as one video – (Click here to watch)
The second video below was filmed on Friday the 3rd of February 2017. A few minutes before the below video was recorded I asked Bradford to transfer the matter to the duty judge and gave him a mouthful. He threatened to get the Court Sheriff and have me removed. The other party’s lawyers weren’t there as proceedings had just started so I backed off and waited for the other party’s lawyer and then approached the bench again at about 9.05am. There were about 50 lawyers and barrister in the room for the directions hearings.
Registrar Bradford has aided and abetted Kerry Stokes numerous times in dragging out a frivolous and vexatious defamation case that has gone for almost 3 years. He is as dodgy as they come.
All courts should be live-streamed to the internet which would greatly cut down judicial corruption and corruption in the wider community.
What I said in court on the 3/2/17
Bradford already knew on what basis I wanted the matter transferred given I raised it a few minutes before and also raised it last year in the first video. He should have never been anywhere near the case.
I also said in court that Justice Clifton Hoeben a few months ago gave a paedophile priest 3 months jail. The only person I know who would give a paedophile priest 3 months jail is another paedophile. He’s “an absolute grub”.
At the end, Registrar Christopher Bradford implied I was a grub so why hasn’t been charged with scandalous conduct? I said “it’s on my website” Bradford replied “every grub can have a website” I responded “well you must have one too”.
What they really don’t like is that I humiliated them with the truth in front of fifty-odd lawyers and barristers who were in court for the directions hearing.
Disappearing on the court lists
Kerry Stokes lawyers have been threatening everyone and anyone who writes about the Tim Worner sex scandal and got some help from the court as per the below picture.
There is a suppression order not to name the 2 applicants Jane Doe 1 and Jane Doe 2 and that is it. Journalists can report everything else including my name. (Click here to read more). Yet the court actually suppressed the whole case on the court lists so nothing showed up. The hearing time and place should have shown up on the court’s website the day before the directions hearing which it didn’t and also up to 3 weeks before on the NSW Courts website which it wasn’t there earlier in the week. When I got to court I found out why as it says 35 (case suppressed) below.
Bradford and the court staff said it was an error. Yeah right. It is the media who mainly use the list and given that the last hearing in December got national coverage it certainly helps to make sure the media don’t know when the hearings are. Kerry Stokes has a lot of pull when he is getting help from the courts. I write this because it is part of the overall corruption and many readers have told me how they were never notified about court dates and had judgments made against them etc.
How many times have Chief Justice Bathurst and/or other judges done this before?
I have named and shamed corrupt judges, magistrates and Crown Prosecutors such as Director of Public Prosecutions Lloyd Babb SC and Margaret Cunneen and I am obviously on their hit list and they will try anything to get me. But all they have done is exposed themselves. I am entitled to an opinion and have freely expressed that in court which they know I have done previously on my website and raised some parts in court.
There is a clear High Court of Australia judgment that supports what I have done and said and that is Coleman v Power which s also promoted on the NSW Judicial Commission’s website. Apparently, none of them have heard of it. I didn’t abuse the registrar I made a number statement of facts and voiced my opinion.
Then there is also the truth defence. If my allegations were baseless they could have and would have sued me for defamation long ago.
You don’t have to agree with everything I say but a fair-minded person would agree that Registrar Bradford should not have been anywhere near the case and I am entitled to voice my opinion. A fair-minded person would also agree there needs to be a public inquiry in the whole affair especially given that Chief Justice Tom Bathurst in now in the middle of it as a litigant using taxpayer’s funds for an attempted secret hearing to persecute a whistleblower.
Court Hearing and court orders
Jillian Caldwell, Special Counsel for Crown Solicitor, left a message on my mobile phone at 2.02pm (3/2/17) saying she would be going to court in the afternoon to get a suppression order. She didn’t invite me to go but just to call her if I want. I returned the call at 6.11pm but it went to voicemail although I assume they received the message because a few minutes later I was emailed the court orders at 6.17pm.
The Court orders that:
(1) Under s 10 of the Court Suppression and Non Publication Orders Act 2010 the contents of Exhibit 1 be prohibited from disclosure other than from the parties, except without leave of the Court, until further order.
(2) The Court further orders that:
Pending further order, pursuant to the Court’s inherent power, publication of the following is suppressed (save for the proper purposes of the proceedings and any related contempt proceedings):
(a) the content of allegations made by Shane Dowling (‘the defendant’) before Registrar Bradford of the Supreme Court in open court on 3 February 2017 (‘the allegations’);
(b) that Mr Bradford and judges of the Supreme Court of New South Wales were the subject of the allegations; and
(c) that the allegations were made.
(3) Stand over the balance of the Notice of Motion to 3:30pm Wednesday, 8 February 2017. (Click here to read the court orders)
If they had of checked my website like I said in the video they would know I was immediately in breach of the court orders because I have been writing about judicial corruption for a number of years and have regularly named Chief Justice Bathurst, Justice Clifton Hoeben and Registrar Christopher Bradshaw. This includes what I said in court on Friday which automatically puts me in contempt of the court orders. (3/2/17) (Click here to read more)
They are also going to charge me with contempt:
4. Pursuant to Part 55 r.11(1) of the Supreme Court Rules 1970, that the Prothonotary apply by motion, or commence proceedings, for punishment for contempt in relation to the defendant’s conduct. (Click here to read the Notice of Motion)
I can’t make it on the 8th as I have to work. Given what I said in court is on my website and has been for ages there is no justification for the suppression order or short notice. The duty judge Justice Beech-Jones who set the date was also the duty judge in the morning when I was before him for directions and he knew I was self-represented, had to work and had limited funds. And he knew I already had a hearing booked for the next Friday which he set directions for. It is scandalous and I will email the prosecutor Jillian Caldwell and try for a time the following week.
The above is the outline of my defence and shows no cause of action and what a scandal it is that Chief Justice Tom Bathurst, Justice Clifton Hoeben and Registrar Chris Bradford can use taxpayer’s money to hide their corruption and crimes and want to do it with a wide-ranging suppression order.
I wonder if the Attorney-General Gabrielle Upton and newly appointed Premier Gladys Berejiklian are aware of the contempt proceedings by Chief Justice Bathurst and did they approve it or do they claim there is a separation of powers and they had no idea?
What has happened above is a major positive because it is clear evidence of corruption and abuse of power by Chief Justice Bathurst and the judiciary and exposing it is what this website is about.
I’ll put updates in the comment section if anything major happens over the next few days as things may move fast if they think they can get away with it. So check back.
Please use the Twitter, Facebook and email etc. buttons below and help promote this post.
Kangaroo Court of Australia is an independent website and is reliant on donations to keep publishing. If you would like to support the continuance of this site, please click on the button below to donate via PayPal or go to the donations page for other donation options. (Click here to go to the Donations page)
If you would like to follow this website, you can by email notification at the top right of this page and about twice a week you will be notified when there is a new article.
Thank you for your support.